Receptionist & Office Administrator (Part time – 4 days)
We are looking for an excellent multi-tasker to join our busy Reception team. Your 'people skills' will be just as important as your previous experience; excellent communication skills and a friendly personality is key for this role.
Previous experience working within administration and dealing with people either over the telephone, face to face or by email would be an advantage. Any previous experience in the travel industry would also be beneficial.
This is an ideal position for those who like to multi-task. As a Reception & Office Administrator you will be expected to turn your hand to a number of jobs and the role would suit someone who is:
- Highly organised.
- Friendly and helpful.
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing ‘to-do’ list.
- Self-motivated and able to use their initiative to see what needs doing, rather than waiting to be asked.
- Well-spoken with an excellent telephone manner.
- Smart and well presented at all times.
- Able to work in a team (i.e., readily offer assistance to others).
- Computer literate and has a good standard of English with accurate spelling and grammar.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Has an eye for detail and can be accurate.
The Receptionist & Office Administrator will report directly to the HR Manager who oversees the Reception team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The HR Manager will manage, supervise and allocate the following duties and responsibilities to the Reception & Office Administrator: -
Responsibility for Administrating all Post within the Business:
- Sorting out/distributing the incoming post in the morning and preparing and sending outgoing post in the afternoon.
- Dealing with any requests to send larger items or international packages (which will require weighing, packaging and booking with Parcelforce or another courier service).
- Sending invoices to customers (only dealing with checking and then posting, not generating invoices).
Supporting Reception during busy times:
- Greeting clients on arrival to Reception, offering refreshments and ensuring the visitor procedure has been followed.
- Answering incoming calls to Reception during busy periods and transferring to the appropriate person or team.
- Answering incoming calls to Reception during the lunch break/breaks of the main Receptionist (and providing cover during holiday periods).
- Listening back and responding to voicemail messages.
- Taking a weekly stock take, ordering the office stationary supplies, keeping a log of inventory and reporting this information back to the HR Manager on a weekly basis.
- Keeping the stationary cupboard organised, neat and tidy.
- Managing the diary of the meeting room and preparing refreshments/ organising catering for meetings.
- Checking office invoices against delivery notes and forwarding to the HR Manager for approval.
- General typing, photocopying, laminating and faxing to assist other departments.
- Filing, when required.
- Occasional ad-hoc HR duties during quieter periods, such as responding to letters / administration (full training will be provided).
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 17.30hrs. This position is a part time role and you will be required to work 4 days a week. Days to be confirmed. There may also be an opportunity to work overtime during busy periods or to cover holiday.
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid. For overtime worked outside of the contracted working hours this will be paid at the standard daily rate. All overtime must be approved in advance by the Line Manager.
There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you are engaged with us permanently a one month notice period will be required, should either party wish to terminate the relationship, but during your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required, 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1 week notice period is required.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme will be offered after three months continuous service
- Free on-site car parking
- Newly refurbished office
- Discounts on selected travel services
CMV is a progressive company who encourage organic career development. This position welcomes the right candidate to join a largely non-corporate, medium sized and privately owned organisation. Unlike many other UK based cruise operators, CMV’s UK office is not just a sales operation but a fully-fledged and ‘hands on’ cruise line closely aligned to both the product and customer.
CMV also have established sales offices in Australia, USA and Germany and are estimated to carry 120,000 ocean and river cruise passenger in 2017. In addition to the core cruising business, the Company also have other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include a long-established coach wholesaling business, a high-street travel agency and business travel house.
This is an exciting time to join CMV as we enter into a rapid growth plan with the addition of our new ship to our fleet; Vasco Da Gama, this will be our 6th Ship to join CMV.