Sports Tour Consultant
This is a very busy role within an exciting and fast growing organisation. Smile Group Travel is a company that specialise in sports tours both for participation tours and for supporters tours. For participation tours, our clients are Professional Sports teams, Amateur Clubs, Schools and other educational establishments. We offer tours to all major sports destinations and also to many less well known. For consumer tours, we offer opportunities to travel overseas to watch and support an array of sporting events.
Smile Group Travel are part of a larger travel organisation and we also sell a wide range of other travel services. We have established an excellent reputation for delivering high quality tours and this combined with a strong sales and marketing strategy has resulted in significant growth for the company. As a result of ongoing expansion, we require a Tour Consultant to join our team who will specialise in developing and delivering Cricket, Rugby and Hockey Tours. This is a crucial role to allow the growth to be maintained and in fact accelerate further.
There are opportunities for career progression for an able, aspirational and hard-working individual, most likely leading to a central role in the organisation’s continued growth and expansion within the Cricket sector.
Smile is part of the Cruise & Maritime Voyages Travel and Leisure Group of businesses and is based at the company head office in Purfleet, Essex.
Central facilities such as IT, Finance, HR and facilities are provided by the parent company so, this role is very focused on supporting the development of the business.
The Sports Tour Consultant will report directly to the Operations Manager and subsequently to the Managing Director who oversees the Company.
- To help develop tour itineraries around the world.
- To help run administration for tours to all destinations.
- To help distribute marketing material to target audience (and keep appropriate records)
- To take bookings for consumer products.
Specific Responsibilities -
- Managing all aspects of organising tours – to include helping compile quotes, preparing and despatching letters of confirmation, invoices and receipts, securing ATOL certificates, preparing rooming lists, organising payments to suppliers.
- Ongoing liaison with all relevant parties involved in delivering tours including airlines, ground transportation companies, hotels, ground tour operators, tour ambassadors, tourist authorities and negotiating rates with suppliers where appropriate.
- Attendance at trade shows and events to promote company tours and services.
- Attendance at client meetings where necessary.
- Constructing and organising detailed tour itineraries for our Sports Tour products.
- Compiling testimonials and carrying out customer surveys.
- Managing pre-tour Health & Safety considerations.
- To develop new or enhance existing tour products for Sports tours
- Basic website administration.
- Support for marketing of products
- Supporting role in social interaction with clients through social media
- Maintaining records of payment schedules.
- Additionally, the individual will be involved in company strategy issues and the selection of new Cricket products and services.
Candidate Knowledge and Skills Required:
- It is essential to the success of this role that the individual is organised, highly energetic and capable of managing a very busy and diverse set of responsibilities.
- The role requires an individual with a range of skills in administration, planning, marketing and communication.
- The chosen individual will need strong communication skills, able to liaise appropriately with a broad range of people, including suppliers, clients and officials, face to face, by telephone and in writing.
- Previous experience working in tailor made/bespoke travel is essential. (Putting packages/tours together)
- An interest in our core sports would be of significant benefit (Rugby, Cricket, Hockey and Netball)
There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you are engaged with us permanently a one-month notice period will be required, should either party wish to terminate the relationship, but during your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required, 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1 week notice period is required.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
A day off in lieu will be provided for Saturday/Sunday working, as advised by the Line Manager and subject to staffing rota. At the discretion of the Line Manager, ‘paid’ overtime may also be considered instead of the day off in lieu.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, to arrange appropriate cover.
Smile Group Travel Summary
Smile Group Travel is part of the CMV Group, and are a specialist Travel Tour Operator offering group tours across the world for sports people and supporters. In addition to the Sports Tours business, the Company also have other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include an ex-UK Cruise Line (Cruise and Maritime Voyages), a long established coach wholesaling business (Independent Coach Travel), a high street travel agency (Air Viceroy) and a tailormade group travel business specialising in private group organisers and corporate clients (South Quay Travel).
This is an exciting time to join Smile Group Travel and the sports tour consultant will play a play a pivotal role within the team in meeting the company’s objectives and goals.