German Speaker - Account Development Executive
- Contract Type
Account Development Executive – German Speaker. Are you a fluent German speaker who wants to be part of a successful travel business which is going through exciting growth, meaning future opportunities are fantastic?
Our client is an industry leading B2B Inbound Tour Operator specialising in Great Britain and Ireland. This exciting role focuses on a selection of existing client relationships and the sales growth of those clients in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It is expected that you may travel overseas to your clients from time to time and where appropriate attend travel trade fairs representing the company and its values to your portfolio of clients. You are the first point of contact for these clients and have responsibility for their performance and satisfaction.
This specialist travel company organises innovative tours by creating bespoke itineraries straight from the destination, coordinating the logistics, and booking hotel space and attractions. They cater to both group and individual travel for their B2B partners who include coach operators, travel agents and direct sellers.
Account Development Executive Role & Responsibilities:
- Understanding and developing a strong commercial relationship with your clients, specifically knowing what type of tour they prefer, their market position (cheap, luxury, mid-range), and the products that are most suitable for maximum sales
- Understanding the market and the competitive landscape and pressures, and working with the client to grow their business and our client’s business with them
- Understanding the clients’ sales cycle ensuring you are quoting for the right business at the right time in order to maximise our client’s share of the clients’ overall business and to help grow the clients’ overall business
- Meeting client requirements and matching this information with the company’s product database to ensure that the best possible itinerary is planned and that opportunities for increasing sales revenue are maximised by suggesting additional services
- Creating touring itineraries with your clients, in order to gain sales and a competitive advantage in the market. (Liaising with the client and colleagues internally and your line manager)
- Ensuring price and margin of your offer is competitive and profitable, within the company's pricing guidelines
- Following up with the client in a timely way to convert offers and quotes into profitable sales with client satisfaction
- Positive communication skills; empathy, creativity: being able to develop new ideas, work with clients and internal stakeholders to deliver on ideas
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
- A sales background or a demonstrable history/education in travel and tourism
- Commercially aware, able/willing to sustain commercial professional relationships
- Achievement focused, and/or sales driven
- Client focused, confident friendly and diplomatic
- knowledge of Great Britain and Ireland destinations
- A positive attitude, problem solving skills and a good sense of humour
- A desire to be the best for yourself and your clients
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary of £22,000 – £28,000 per annum, based on experience
- annual bonus of max. 5% of pro rata base salary subject to the deliverability of targets
- A position with responsibility and variety
- Coaching and development on the job, our client’s commitment to help you be your best
- A positive, good energy, “sales team” where our client helps one another to win
- An international environment: a multinational team working with international clients
- Benefits include contribution towards gym memberships, season ticket loan, staff discount platform
- A modern, air-conditioned office with state of the art office technology
Great! If you have the necessary experience, please send your application (incl. letter of motivation) stating your earliest starting date.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Apply for German Speaker - Account Development Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly