Bilingual Speaker - Groups Reservations & Hotel Negotiator
Groups Reservations & Hotel Negotiator – Bilingual Speaker. Our client is an inbound tour operator specializing with incoming groups from Asia. The main aim of the Groups Reservations & Hotel Negotiator role is to make hotel bookings for group travel and to negotiate the best possible group hotel rates in UK & Europe and conditions; ensure that the product offered is within the quality and standards required.
This is a challenging and exciting role, so the ability to work under pressure, working to a tight schedule and handling multiple tasks is a must. The candidate must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with hotels, internal departments and colleagues. You will ideally have excellent attention to detail, communication and possess a "can do" attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate group rates and conditions and confirm groups with hotels in your area of responsibility (UK and Europe)
- Ensure that hotels offered are of the standard and quality required
- Build, develop, strengthen and maintain strong business relationship with suppliers in order to achieve optimum results
- locations/hotels are unavailable
- Communicate clearly and precisely at all levels of responsibility to make sure that information is received and properly understood
- Take initiative and action without being directed and to overcome obstacles by proactively providing appropriate solutions
- Search for new suppliers
- Manage and resolve possible complaints by liaising with suppliers and Operations/Sales
- Maintain an environment which supports the spirit of teamwork and where team members are committed, loyal and take pride in working for the company
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Over 2 years’ experience within a similar role
- Familiar with 3, 4, 5-star hotels in UK or Western European countries (such as, Germany, French, Italy, Switzerland)
- Fluency in a European language, including high command of the English language, both spoken and written; excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, planning and good time management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Proactive thinker capable to cope well with stressful situations
- Approachable manner with both colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Applicant must be self-motivated, positive, confident and results driven
- Ability to prioritise and function well under heavy workload with multiple priorities
Our small but successful client offers a pleasant working environment along with an excellent remuneration package, where the basic salary is £20,000 - £27,000 per annum, based on experience, there is also the possibility of bonus, along with other benefits.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.