General Manager. The Company is tremendously exciting. Our client believes their travel brand to be a step above the rest and they are now looking to appoint a General Manager with first-hand experience of mainstream 4* & luxury 5* holiday market. This is an exciting and challenging position which requires a natural leader to drive operational excellence at all levels.
Our client is looking for an Inspirational leader who is an effective, persuasive and committed professional with a solid background in running travel companies with turnover in access of £50+ million. The role will report directly to the MD and assist in the planning of company’s strategy and delivery of business performance continuously in line with our client’s commercial goals.
The role will be charged with growing the sales revenue by influencing and driving the wider company’s strategy forward and increasing our client’s market share within mainstream & luxury holiday sales. If you can demonstrate achievement in driving successful travel businesses forward, then this could be your next management challenge.
General Manager Role & Responsibilities:
- Working alongside the MD and Directors, you’ll create a strategy that focuses on increasing growth, sales and market share of mainstream 4* and luxury 5* holidays
- Contribute to the overseeing and development of established departments encompassing Sales, Operations, Product, Customer Service, Ticketing, Recruitment etc
- Lead your Managers who are well trained, motivated and ready to support your direction through close daily contact, taking the pulse of the relationship and making sure that company heartbeat is strong
- Adopt a hands-on approach, you’ll establish, manage and mentor teams
- Manage different departments overall performance: A balance between efficiency and happiness
- Transfer of Knowledge: ensure departmental heads/managers are on top of their game and contribute towards a positive working environment
- Inspire Sales Manager to drive sales and focus on improving customer experience
- KPI Management: Assess, complete, communicate and manage departmental KPI’s
- House Rules and Disciplines: ensure all basic house rules are adhered to, and manage any misconduct appropriately
- Drive to succeed and over-achieve in a fiercely competitive market
- Keeps up to date with industry/competitor developments
Essential Experience Needed:
- Top notch, dynamic travel professional with General Manager/Director experience gained within a direct sell operator, overseeing Sales, Operations, Customer Service, Product, Recruitment etc
- An understanding of mainstream 4* and luxury 5* holidays/products and competitors covering popular worldwide destinations
- Articulate and decisive, have a strategic mind-set and be able to challenge the status quo
- Overall management and business development experience possess capabilities to performance manage
- Ability to inspire, motivate and identifying training needs and planning departmental training sessions
- Possess a solid understanding of business KPIs, and demonstrate strategic capability
- Desire to test new ways of working in a fast transforming and ever-changing environment
- Investigative/inquisitive nature, with strong focus on results
- Persistent and determined character; ability to be resilient
The basic salary is £55,000 - £60,000 BOE, plus KPI performance related bonus + benefits.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly