CUSTOM GROUPS – OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
We have a great opportunity for a pro-active and motivated person to join our team as a Custom Groups Operations Executive. The role offers the right candidate a chance to learn about a creative and exciting part of the business; private group charters. Each trip is bespoke and designed individually, covering a range of special interests.
You will work closely with our global sales offices, along with existing suppliers and build relationships with new suppliers. This is a maternity cover position that could evolve into a permanent position depending on the needs of the business at the time.
- Checking and planning tour itineraries
- To look for new suppliers according to group requests and getting the group rates and prices from them; negotiating and contracting the services. This includes, but isn’t limited to; tourist venues, restaurants, local guides, coaches and tickets
- Booking all services for each group within budget and related components
- Planning and operation of each group from start to end
- Compiling Tour Pack for Tour Directors
- Liaising with Travel Directors before, during, and after the tour to ensure the tour runs successfully
- Support overseas sales offices regarding any queries related to destinations, itinerary, venue details, information about Tour/Travel Directors, Tropics related issues, etc.
- Provide multi branded support to the Operations Team
- Providing support to the General Manager Global Groups
- Carry good organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Be collaborative, able to work in a team-based environment as well as on his/her own initiative and willing to be ‘’hands-on’’
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation
- Eye for attention to detail, ability to identify issues and implement processes to prevent errors
- Decisiveness - ability to resolve conflicts between different parties in a dispute and find suitable solutions to challenges
- To possess a good ability in maintaining their composure and objectivity when under pressure (from various agents, all at once)
- Good team player and willingness to help others when required
- The candidate will be a self -starter with strong people skills
- Able to think on their feet and build sustainable relationships. You will have excellent problem-solving skills, be a good communicator with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing multi-cultural travel environment.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet
- Experience using Tropics, particularly the Operations module would be an advantage
- Previous experience in the Travel Industry, ideally in tour operations
- Another European Language highly regarded
Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm, however during busy periods we would like you to be flexible and be prepared to work longer hours if necessary.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for CUSTOM GROUPS – OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly