IT Manager - Travel - £40-45K - Cheltenham
This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-thinking IT Manager to take the reins on a modern IT infrastructure and become the driving force for improvements, support and implementation of efficiencies.
This role will work closely with Group IT as well as the rest of the business making sure that the way they approach Infrastructure, Security & Support is an enabler for the business, and not purely a technical initiative. You will be responsible for delivering services in the right way, and at maximum speed within control and security.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
- Designing training programs and workshops for staff.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff.
- Test/POC all changes to networks, hardware, application.
- Develops emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failure to preserve technology and data.
- Manage automatization of applications provisioning with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Power Shell etc.
- Work with third party vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment.
- Work closely with business stakeholders HR, Finance, Sales, marketing to understand their needs and challenges and provide adequate solutions.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications.
- Business continuity and DR.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hands-on experience with implementing and maintaining critical business application.
- Hands on experience with network monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Rancid etc.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Experience running high-end IT systems.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or CISCO and Microsoft Qualifications.
- VB, PowerShell, Python or Bash
- VMware 6.5 (Virtual Switch, QoS, Storage Management)
- Hyper-V, Citrix
- Mitel MCD 7.2 (3300)
- Azure, Office 365, SharePoint
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Executive Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit http://www.candmexecutive.co.uk/
Apply for IT Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly