A Luxury Travel Agency & Luxury Travel Company who are leaders in tailor made luxury holidays have a fantastic opportunity for a Travel Specialist in the Oxfordshire area.
The well-established company are looking for a Travel Specialist. The role consists of:
Job Purpose: To act as a travel specialist for the company’s clients, designing and selling tailor-made luxury travel experiences around the world. Achieve personal and team targets. Nurture and develop client relationships to build repeat business and promote word of mouth marketing. Maintain and develop excellent relationships with suppliers.
• You will be responsible for selling a variety of travel experiences, securing bookings, and obtaining a certain level of gross profit, in accordance with pre-determined team and personal targets.
• You will manage the client relationship from the moment they make an initial enquiry, understanding their needs, presenting options, managing the booking process and ultimately securing the booking.
• Building strong relationships with trade partners to ensure we are sourcing the very best experiences for the client and the maximum profit for the company.
• You will learn and familiarise yourself with the product portfolio and with relevant destinations, so that you can best sell to the client, maximising client satisfaction, repeat business and optimising profit.
• You will account manage/build relationships with clients delivering exceptional client care and communication at all times, promoting repeat business by ensuring everything is tailored to suit the individual client and that the process is as seamless and efficient as possible.
• You will also be responsible for following up the clients once they return from their holiday and to address any issues; passing on this feedback to the rest of the business and the relevant suppliers.
• To be pro-active in contacting previous clients and generating repeat business, which may be inbound enquiries or proactive outbound lead generation. You will also ensure clients are fully aware of our sister brand and encourage cross-brand travel.
• You will be required to attend face to face meetings and training with trade partners & relevant related events (which may be outside of standard office hours).
• To attend and be involved in the organisation of FAM trips.
• Responsible for obtaining correct invoices from the supplier, generating the relevant booking paperwork for your client and discussing payment options with them at time of booking.
• You will also be partly responsible for the general administration and the upkeep of the company’s website for your lead destinations, ensuring all information is up to date and accurate, and adding new properties where necessary.
• You will be required to work some weekends and bank holidays, as part of team roster.
• You will be expected to occasionally contact and respond to clients and suppliers out of hours in order to provide the exceptional service that that the company is known for.
Skills and Experience required:
• Previous experience in a travel sales role is essential, with a focus on sales performance and product knowledge within the travel industry, or similar.
• You should have a good knowledge of the luxury market and with direct client contact offering a high-end service, as well as an understanding of high-end clients and their requirements.
• In-depth knowledge of sub-Saharan Africa and/or Indian Ocean luxury product is preferable.
• Knowledge of Galileo GDS or equivalent is preferable.
• You must have impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
• You need to have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
• The ability to speak a second language is advantageous.
• Ideally you should be educated to degree level or similar.
• You must be personable and have a friendly, approachable and professional manner that enables you to build strong working relationships with clients, suppliers and team members within the organisation.
• You will have a willingness to go that extra mile; a self-motivated, creative and proactive problem solver.
• You must work well in a small team environment with a hard-working, pro-active and flexible approach as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
• You need to be able to adapt to the changing sales and systems environment associated with working in a developing travel brand, and at all times be resourceful when communicating with clients.
• You will be open to training and learning new sales techniques in order to maximise conversions.
• You will be IT confident and competent with a good understanding of social media and copywriting skills.
Apply for Travel Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly