Travel Operations Consultant
Our exciting journey began in 1948 and we’ve come a long way since then. We are now established as an award-winning independent travel company, with a team of more than 250 people across three locations in the UK, Luton, Frimley and Newcastle, and an overseas office in Hyderabad, India.
Being independent gives our team the opportunity to book the perfect holiday for our growing customers base at the best price. Our excellent technology, selling system and product range which includes beach holidays, city breaks, cruises, long haul and inspired luxury escapes demonstrates our commitment and enthusiasm at becoming a customer-centric business, placing our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are proud to have been accredited with a Gold Trusted Service Certificate by Feefo (positive feedback from customers) and were named as Call Centre Agency of the Year in the 2017 Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards. We have also recently been named in Europe’s 1,000 Fastest Growing Companies by the Financial Times and the London Stock Exchange Group’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
Our employees have a voice and the opportunity to shape the future of the business. We have carefully chosen teams to ensure our values are live but fundamentally we are a relaxed, light hearted and fun place to work. We are proud of the commitment and care displayed by our employees towards their customers, community and the environment.
The main focus of the role will be to assist customers with pre-departure hotels, flight amendments and cancellations whilst providing excellent customer service at all times.
- To ensure an excellent standard of customer service is provided at all times
- Ensure telephone and email enquiries are dealt with promptly and professionally
- Oversee amendments to holiday and flight details as requested by clients, and quote costing for new details
- Quote price to clients to amend or cancel their booking
- Contribute to achieving monthly team and individual set targets
- Advise clients of amendments and cancellations to their travel arrangements (flight time changes, hotel overbookings or closures etc.)
- Investigation of potential fraudulent bookings
- Re-protect clients bookings in the event of a tour operator or airline failure
- Liaise with suppliers and hoteliers to resolve any issues in resort
- Ensure notes entered on all bookings detailing any quotes or conversations with clients or suppliers
- Book Staff Bookings
- Extension of overdue balance’s
- Update deposit and cancellation charts and communicate to sales teams
- Build strong business relationships with our key suppliers
- Providing support for out of hours when necessary
- Exceptional customer service skills with experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Outstanding communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent listening and empathetic skills with the ability to anticipate customer needs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility in approach to working tasks with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good written communication skills
- To have a flexible approach to the business needs
- Ability to use Microsoft packages – e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel
- Ability to work across all levels and functions of the department
- Ability to fulfil the out of hours clausAe as and when required
- Resilience to deal with complex queries in a fast-paced environment
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To be professional at all times
- To have a hardworking attitude
- To ensure the Company values are demonstrated at all times
- To comply with all Company policies and procedures
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
- This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved
To apply for this role, please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter along with your salary expectations.
Broadway Travel reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date should either a high volume of applicants be received or a suitable candidate found.
Apply for Travel Operations Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly