Specialist Sales Expert
We live and love travel - do you?
Kuoni, a brand of DER Touristik UK Ltd, is repeatedly voted one of the Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For; and have won over 200 awards for holidays and service. This is down to our outstanding team members who go the extra mile to tailor-make holidays that are completely personal to each and every customer.
We’re looking for someone with a positive “can do” attitude and loves travel as much as we do. If this sounds like you and you are keen to be part of our Specialist Products team, we want to hear from you.
This role requires travel experience and/or sales experience in at least one of the following destinations which the Team are responsible for: Africa, Canada, Australasia, India, Latin America, Far East and cruise.
What you’ll be doing
Sales & after-sales
- Use specialist product knowledge to support conversion of enquiries into sales.
- Build bespoke itineraries to a customer brief and support front line staff in confirming these enquiries.
- Answer telephone calls & email enquiries from our retail stores.
- Meet sales and service targets.
- Liaise with suppliers to source product on an ad hoc basis, including hotels, ground services and experiences.
- Contribute to destination and product training for frontline team members.
- Liaise with frontline sales team on operational changes relating to the products.
- Ensure commercial and timely handling of internal queries.
You will have
First hand travel experience to at least one of the regions the team are responsible for, whether that's during a gap year, multiple trips to the region(s), or from living in the region and experiencing it as a local.
A strong service ethic and experience driving sales: we have seen examples of success from people who have come from within the wider travel industry.
Who we are looking for
We believe a successful Specialist Sales Expert will be someone who has travelled extensively. They will be articulate, persuasive and influential but down to earth with their team and colleagues alike. They will demonstrate strong organisation skills, flexibility, and are adaptable to changing priorities.
Additionally we look for people who display the following personal qualities:
You'll be working within a team of like minded travel enthusiasts who thrive on sharing their expert destination advice and are serious about service.
We offer a hard-working, fun environment with an array of benefits including 25 days holiday, generous contributory pension scheme, subsidised gym membership and discounted staff travel.
As part of your development with us you will travel to develop your destination knowledge across the regions the teams are responsible for, including opportunities as you progress to represent the business at overseas trade shows.