Customer Service Manager - Europe
We currently have an exciting role for a full time Customer Service Manager who will be responsible for managing and motivating a team of Customer Service Consultants for one of our key destination regions. Reporting to the Head of Customer Service you will lead a team and be responsible for the day to day management and ensure your team is customer driven, with a passion in providing expert and unparalleled service, you will actively coach and motivate team members to achieve revenue targets and KPIs and ensuring everyone delivers first class end to end customer service.
In return we offer a competitive salary, range of benefits (details below) and extensive support and training.
Explore have been running small group adventure holidays since 1981. We are passionate about what we do and we love to travel. Our experience and knowledge make us one of the most trusted tour operators in the UK. We have over 500 small group trips in 120 countries (including Family Adventures, Cycling & Walking), plus tailormade and self-guided programmes; so a product range that is second to none in the industry.
Our wide range of activities and experiences, award-winning Tour Leaders, a commitment to responsible travel and a pinch of Explore spirit, keep our customers coming back year after year.
Explore has been a part of the Hotelplan UK group of specialist travel companies since December 2015. We operate as a totally standalone business, but also work closely with our sister companies wherever possible. Other brands within the Hotelplan UK group are Inghams, Esprit, Ski Total, Santa’s Lapland and Inntravel.
- As part of this role you would be expected to
- To manage, lead, inspire and develop a customer driven team
- To actively train, coach and develop team members to maximise productivity and effectiveness using KPI data
- Create a fun, high energy environment with a positive team culture where sales conversion is maximized and staff deliver exceptional customer service
- Maximise sales opportunities via all channels and consistently achieve sales and service targets
- Responsible for day-to-day staff management issues with direct reports
- Responsibility for respective team’s performance including productivity, revenue, booking targets, customer satisfaction and KPIs
- Close liaison with all Managers within the Customer Service team to ensure successful workload flow
- Accurately monitor and report weekly/monthly team KPI’s & management information in line with business and team needs
- In conjunction with the Head of Customer Service, be accountable for effective staff rota-ing, holiday cover and absence management
- Assist with recruitment, training and development of staff within the allocated team
- Use sound judgement to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer & solicit feedback to improve service
- Proactively suggest solutions to improve existing processes and procedures that improve the overall customer experience
- Participate in trade shows and customer events as required
- Distribute workload within team to ensure all designated tasks are completed
- Work closely with the Head of Customer Service for strategic planning of the overall team
- To embody the company values and lead by example
Skills and Experience - Essential
- Managerial experience
- Proven success at exceeding sales and customer service targets
- Ability to multi-task through effective planning, prioritising and organising of workload
- Have a sound commercial approach to all decision making
- Exceptional communication skills and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Energetic, enthusiastic with a high level of responsiveness to daily customer service levels
- Be able to identify training needs and deliver coaching and training to develop staff and resolve development gaps
- Can demonstrate a flexible attitude & ability to change roles & tasks with minimal notice
- Willing to challenge the status quo and present logical alternatives
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive travel experience to your assigned destination
- Empowering by nature and upholds our company values
- GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above.
- Higher Education - Desirable
One thing we pride ourselves on at Explore is looking after our staff, not only do we offer a competitive salary we also offer an extensive range of benefits that include, Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme, Profit Related Annual Bonus, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Health Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Staff Discount on Explore holidays, Season Ticket Loans, Childcare Vouchers Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Onsite Massage Therapist, Employee Reward and Perks Scheme - to name a few!
To apply for this role, please click "Apply Now"