Account Executive (Business Development, Sales and Events)
SLC exists to connect people with a passion for travel. We foster relationships with the travel trade, connecting them with global tourism products to deliver exceptional travel experiences and positive outcomes for our clients, partners and team.
How will you do this?
- Develop business through meetings and sales calls.
- Plan and manage operations for events.
- Manage in-market client visits and trade shows.
- Build and manage relationships with key partners of the travel industry.
- Work alongside amazing team members to deliver varied projects.
What attributes will you need?
- An ability to use own initiative to solve problems.
- Be proactive and driven.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Prepared to travel in the UK and Europe.
- Time management skills and attention to detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be a team player.
- Minimum of one year in a similar role or in front-line travel sales.
What else might help?
- A sense of humour, fun and curiosity.
- An understanding of long and mid haul travel-trade distribution systems.
- Events management experience.
- Contacts in the UK long haul travel industry.
- Creativity and promotional skills.
- Travel and Tourism or related degree.
Location: Wimbledon, London
Hours: Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.30 (37.5 hour week) with flexible working patterns available
Benefits: Holiday: 25 days (per calendar year + bank holidays); Pension; Flexible working hours
How to apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter Deborah Pearce by clicking "Apply Now"
Early applications appreciated, closing date 01 March 2019