Junior Africa Travel Consultant
Junior Africa Travel Consultant. Are you a Travel Consultant or a recent Graduate seeking an exciting new role? This Africa specialist Luxury Boutique Tour Operator creates some of the most breath-taking bespoke trips to the continent, covering Luxury Lodges, Safaris, Tours, Honeymoons, Adventure and Beach holidays. Due to organic growth, they are looking for a Travel Consultant or a recent Graduate to join them at their South London offices.
The Junior Africa Specialist Travel Consultant role will see you join a niche, luxury tour operator and be fully trained to become an Africa specialist Travel Consultant, creating high value, once in a life time holiday experience, tailor-making safaris & tours and combining them with luxury lodges, flying clients over Victoria Falls, taking them on game drives in the Serengeti, climbing dunes in Namibia and much more.
The Junior Africa Travel Consultant Role:
- Full training provided along with extensive educational trips, offering you the opportunity to gain and develop valuable knowledge on becoming an Africa specialist Travel Consultant
- Deliver a passionate high quality of personalised customer service, ensuring your high-end customers feel valued and engaged
- Follow up Africa enquires promptly, offer expert advice to suit the customer needs and following through on all sales quotations
- The creation and conversion to sale of high quality tailor-made itineraries
- Maximise sales opportunities presented, along with specialist knowledge and salesmanship for all individual enquiries
- Possess the aptitude to work as part of a small specialist team, retaining ownership and accountability of assigned work
- Once trained, opportunity to get involved with visiting client’s face to face presentations, company website development, advertising, PR and marketing
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Travel Consultant looking to specialise in selling African safaris, luxury lodges, tours, beach holidays etc.
- Graduate who has travelled extensively through Africa and bringing with them some sales experience
- Drive to succeed in sales and a passion for, and travelled to parts of the continent, possess Africa geographical and product knowledge
- Possess impressive focus on customer service and quality, organisational and time management skills, flexible, practical, thrives on attention to detail
- Possess excellent problem-solving abilities and can deal with unexpected challenges, resolving them as and when they arise
- Bright and numeric, efficient and professional
- Excellent telephone manner, confident communicator with good writing skills
- Applicants must have graduated from a good university with a strong academic background, preferably with a numerate degree
Here is a fantastic opportunity to be trained, travel the destination you love and sell a destination you love! Along with earning an excellent salary package, where the basic salary is £22,000 - £24,000 per annum, based on experience, plus commission, including benefits and extensive educationals to Africa, plus long-term growth opportunities within this Africa specialist boutique tour operator.
If so, we’d love to hear from you! When applying for this position, please forward an Africa Travel Profile covering the destinations and places of interest you have travelled to.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.