Product Manager – Luxury
Product Manager - Luxury. A fantastic opportunity has arisen with our Highly Successful client based in central London for a Product Manager to join their growing Luxury Brand. Going through a positive growth period, they are now looking for an experienced Product Manager / Contracting Manager to support the business. The role will be responsible for creating, launching and managing a range of products for your area, whilst strengthening our client’s market position.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, you should be remarkable, passionate, irritatingly disciplined, go-getting and results orientated. You need to be able to bring just that little bit extra to the table.
Luxury Product Manager Summary:
- Working with the Senior Product Manager, to provide through leadership and commercial drive a positive result for the company
- To create, launch and manage a range of products for your territory of responsibility which showcases the company, strengthening our client’s market position and ensuring customer retention
- To take accountability for revenue growth, quality and gross margin of a range of our client’s products
- To provide leadership for the product team and support the Senior Product Manager
Areas of responsibility & brief description:
- Understand and have empathy for the lifestyle sector, analysing customer trends, the market, competitors and internal data in depth to develop differentiated and robust programme plans
- Become the customer’s champion without losing the importance attached to supplier relationships. Ensure you get under the skin of the customer and the relevant competitor set to develop ‘can’t refuse’ propositions specifying detailed product, service, pricing and sales & marketing requirements
- Demonstrate superior contracting capability and build excellent personal relationships with core owners and other suppliers. Directly manage relationships with your area of responsibility
- Proactively drive sales and gross margin ensuring the necessary action is taken to meet or exceed budgeted numbers. Take personal accountability for the success of given destinations
- Have a clear understanding of pricing and yield to optimise total contribution
- Ensure the Product Support team adequately understands the role, support and audit the work, and ensure timely and accurate contracts
- Be responsible for all amendments to the websites ensuring that all prices and special offers are showing correctly
- Work with PR to source properties for press trips and educationals working closely with the Marketing Manager and Sales team
- Negotiate contracts on a regular basis for rates, exclusivity and special offers
- To actively raise any commercial threats or liabilities to the Senior Product Manager
- Where appropriate, work in tandem with other Product Managers and Senior Product Manager using each other’s expertise
- To actively champion, promote and remain a strong ambassador of the brand and values
Now Let’s Talk about you:
- Significant contracting experience
- Commercial acumen including developed analytical and forecasting skills and understanding of key P&L drivers
- Experienced in product development and differentiation
- Track record of delivering profitable growth with experience in budgeting and managing revenue and margins
- Able to challenge the status quo and improve the business through effective change
- Pace, energy and ambition
- Willing to work unsocial hours – weekends & evening, travel overseas & evening functions
Salary & Benefits:
- £40,000 - £42,000 per annum
- Plus 5% non-contractual bonus
- Up to 5% pension contribution on a salary sacrifice basis
- Holiday would start on 23 days but with non-contractual flexi-time arrangement allowing accrual of a further 4 days
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.