An Adventure Travel Company has a fantastic opportunity for a Travel Consultant.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of Travel Consultant
Administrative role for which good attention to detail is essential. The role involves maintaining relationships with airlines and suppliers. Direct contact with clients is required and therefore providing a quality client support and sales service is also needed. You will also be encouraged to work towards individual targets and team goals
This role reports to the Travel Team Supervisor and Assistant Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Action requests for ad-hoc seats, domestic add-ons and upgrades for clients and tour leaders.
• Review sales, produce flight manifests and update allocations on Travelink.
• Ensure timely production of travel documents for all clients including land only and be involved with despatch as required.
• Action schedule changes/seat confirmations and assist with production of all-staff memos.
• Handle client communication by telephone, email or letter.
• Support Reservation/Sales duties.
• Promote special offers and upgrades.
• Assist with the production of travel related reports, documentation and statistics for suppliers and airport representatives.
• Liaise with airport reps/leaders as required.
• Assist and support the Crisis Response Team in emergency situations as and when these arise which may involve working out of hours / be part of the team
• Works within the Company’s Health and Safety policies and practices.
• Any other duties which may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Global Distribution System (GDS) skills
• Good understanding of airline procedures
• Experience of working within a Reservation/Sales role
• Numerate and with good literacy skills
• Good general IT skills
• Good communication and customer service skills
• Positive and friendly telephone manner
Apply for Travel Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly