This job is no longer available
Travolution sales manager
The job at a glance:
In order to maximise revenues and achieve/exceed performance and financial targets, you will be responsible for selling the benefits/features of the Travolution digital, print and events products and services to clients and agencies.
Travolution commercial revenue is generated through the sales of advertising and sponsorship across a range of platforms which include a quarterly magazine, a website, email, forums and an annual awards and summit.
You will be responsible for providing clients with a first-class level of “face to face” sales and customer service at all times. This will involve establishing and developing key relationships, delivering high quality, tailored multi-media presentations and identifying new business opportunities - all with a view of generating and maximising revenue and market share.
• To ensure that the required levels of activity (number of appointments, presentations, calls etc) are in place to achieve/exceed individual and team KPIs and targets, increase revenues, grow client bases and guarantee client satisfaction. This will involve developing strong personal links with all the key individuals in your major accounts and turning relationships into long-term partnerships.
• To prepare and research appropriately in order to recommend the best “solutions” and therefore accelerate progress and/or gain commitment via customer meetings. This will include delivering high-quality, tailored presentations.
• To pro-actively and regularly provide agencies and clients with relevant information and ideas, and also in response to enquiries about products and services.
• To use the marketing mix and your product knowledge to correctly position your solutions. This includes recognising and dealing effectively with competitor threats.
• To monitor market trends and encourage client feedback – so to maintain a high level of knowledge of industry news and competitor activity.
• To attend, prepare for and participate in one-to-one, appraisal and team meetings that will review/guide performance, share/progress ideas and initiatives, communicate objectives and agree sales plans/focus.
• To complete administrative work as and when required. This includes inputting and maintaining customer records with accurate, high quality information in order to enable effective forward-planning, maximise the success of all marketing initiatives and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of customer activity. All client conversations and transactions must be clearly documented.
• To create and maintain an unrivalled media profile within the travel technology marketplace through holding regular meetings with your clients and agencies, and attendance at conferences, shows, events etc.
• To attend internal/external training sessions as and when appropriate to increase skill set. Plus be responsible for continually updating your product, market and competitor knowledge.
Skills & Knowledge:
• A good knowledge of the travel technology market place, and it’s latest developments and issues, is desirable.
• Comprehensive travel industry contacts is essential, particularly those involved in digital service provision.
• Inter-personal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels. Must be credible and comfortable dealing with and presenting to all levels – from junior execs to Board Directors.
• Excellent selling, presentation, communication and negotiation skills that allow you to inform, advise and influence others clearly and confidently – both face-to-face and over the telephone. To do this, you must be professional in behaviours, appearance and demeanour.
• Self-motivated, strategic thinker with the ability to sell creative concepts. Plus you will have the ability to work on your own initiative and offer/implement new ideas.
• Time management skills that allow you to prioritise your workload and manage your own time effectively, particularly when working to tight deadlines. Plus you must be able to react calmly under pressure and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a fast-moving performance-led environment, with a personal commitment to improving one’s own knowledge and skills.