Maidenhead Retail Sales Consultant (full time)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week on a shift basis including evenings and weekends
Closing Date: This recruitment is carried out on a rolling basis so it is really important you submit your application asap to avoid missing out.
We at Virgin Holidays love selling holidays!
Fancy being part of a new venture promoting and selling our fab holidays? Passionate about travel? Well, if that sounds like you then read on.
We are looking for outgoing, enthusiastic, persuasive sales people to become part of our retail sales teams in various locations in the UK.
• To be the external face of Virgin Holidays retail offering advice face to face and also on the phones.
• To communicate professionally with customers and provide exceptional service in every situation (we have a reputation to keep)!
• To have a keen eye for keeping customer facing merchandise up to date and sales focused to encourage customer enquiries and sales.
• To promote your store through leafleting and traffic stopping to generate sales
• To be presentable and ready to sell the Virgin brand through your appearance and the appearance of your work area.
• To work as a supportive member of a small team to ensure overall shop targets are achieved
• To learn our products (by heart) and be able to describe features and benefits to customers depending on their needs
• To maximise sales and the customers holiday experience by suggesting excursions, upgrades, insurance etc.
• To want to strive towards meeting your personal sales targets.
• To always be looking for innovative ways to generate customer enquiries.
• It is essential you have commission based sales experience (travel related would be an advantage)
• Experience working in a customer facing role sales role
• You have either visited a long haul destination or worked with the long haul product
• Experience of pro active sales - leafleting/promotional work
• Good numerical skills with ability to manually calculate holiday costs without error.
• An ability to take ownership and to work on your own with little or no Supervision at times.
• We will need you to roll your sleeves up and get stuck into what ever challenges we may face in this new venture (and there may be a few)!
• To have excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
• Confident generating new sales by approaching customers and leafleting
• This is a uniformed position
• This role requires you to work shifts (including late nights and weekends)
• There is a great 5 week induction training to get you up to speed based in Crawley, West Sussex (weeks 1,2,4 and 5) with the third week based in a store as near to your home as possible.
We believe our staff are our best asset and are vital to the continuing success of the company. So, on top of an attractive salary and we offer fantastic industry renowned benefits (including flights on the VAA network)
To apply please click the "Apply now" button below