Health, Fire & Safety Executive - Travel
Health & Safety Executive
This prestigious Global travel company are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Executive to join their expanding team. As Health & Safety Executive you will be responsible for the full audit of the hotels and tours within your allocated destinations.
Health & Safety Executive - Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage online safety checklists and safety policies for assigned areas, with responsibility for obtaining safety policies for chain hotels.
- Conduct physical Health, Fire & Safety inspections and validation visits for assigned areas, assessing the properties according to pre-defined criteria and standards.
- Accountable for identifying defects and areas of improvement for assigned properties, offering advice and influencing the improvement of processes and rectifying of issues.
- Responsible for management of remedial action, to ensure that action is taken with regard to properties that do not meet required safety standards.
- Accountable for ongoing monitoring of assigned high risk areas and ensuring hoteliers comply with any restrictions imposed.
- Take ownership to investigate any health, fire & safety related customer complaints, providing support and advice as required.
- Contribute to external communication with industry partners and approved consultants.
- Contribute to inter-departmental communication by liaising with internal departments and contribute to awareness of health, fire and safety issues by conducting ad hoc training as required.
- Actively contribute to budget management, implementation of process improvements and the development and maintenance of the Health, Fire & Safety due diligence manual
Health & Safety Executive - Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven experience in a Health & Safety role within the travel industry is extremely desirable.
- Proven knowledge of Health, Fire & Safety standards and processes.
- The following qualifications are also strongly preferred: Advanced Food Hygiene, Advanced Health & Safety, Advanced Fire Safety & Auditing, Swimming Pool Auditing, Risk Assessment.
- Strong decision making & sound judgement.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
Health & Safety Executive - Additional information:
- Salary dependent on experience but within a range from £23k to £28k.
- This role will require regular overseas travel.
- If you have worked within a Tour Operator or travel company, hotel chain as a Health & Safety Officer, Health & Safety Manager, Health & Safety Advisor or Health & Safety Executive this role could be for you.
If you have the skills and experience required and wish to apply for the role of Health & Safety Executive, please apply online or email your cv to Lisa@candm.co.uk. For enquiries please call Lisa or Louise on 01737 309984.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk