Purpose of the role:
To work on developing and implementing publicity and communications plans, programmes and activities that will generate a positive profile for the island of Ireland as a tourism destination and will influence consumer opinion and behaviour. All plans and activities will integrate fully with Tourism Ireland’s GB marketing plan and strategic priorities and will contribute to the achievement of GB visitor targets.
1. Support the planning and development of an annual publicity plan that integrates fully with the Tourism Ireland GB marketing plan and strategic priorities, which contribute to the delivery of GB visitor targets.
2. Implement agreed publicity programmes by outreach to media identified by segmentation research in the GB market, handling day-to-day liaison and arranging briefing updates with journalists, writers, bloggers and broadcasters. This will be done in tandem with colleagues in Tourism Northern Ireland and Fáilte Ireland, plus the appointed GB PR agency who this role will work closely alongside.
3. Write news releases, invitations, advisories and relevant media updates; plan itineraries for visiting media.
4. Liaise with appointed PR agency and relevant support agents to ensure consistent rollout of the agreed publicity plan, leading projects including planning, overseeing, and implementation and reporting.
5. Oversee and up-date when necessary Tourism Ireland’s media room and Twitter account for the GB market.
6. Assist with the planning of, and support VIP visits to the British market and maximise news potential delivered by these visits.
7. Input and record publicity coverage on Tourism Ireland’s Publicity Analysis Tool (PAT) system and support coverage showcasing with presentations and sharing of information with Tourism Ireland’s corporate PR team and key stakeholders .
1. To contribute regularly to the development of quarterly and other timely reports and presentations in response to regular monitoring, parliamentary questions and corporate stakeholder requests, managing available resources and liaising with colleagues and agencies as relevant.
Budget & General Duties
1. In collaboration with the Publicity Manager ensure effective budget recording for key projects, allocating and managing resources in line with company policy and procedures.
2. This job will, from time to time, involve travel within the island of Ireland and Great Britain as well as working unsocial hours. The post holder will also be expected to represent Tourism Ireland at various industry and corporate functions and events as arranged by the wider GB team.
3. Such other duties as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and competencies.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including presentation skills.
- Relevant PR / journalism experience including track record in developing on-going relationships with the media; strong writing and proven pitching skills including news releases, editorial and briefings for traditional and new media.
- Experience of working with various PR databases and IT programmes.
- Capable of working on own initiative and of delivering within tight timescales and deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills, including planning and project management.
- Demonstrates a good awareness and knowledge of new and emerging technologies as they apply to and support this marketing role.
- Experience of the media in Great Britain.
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in business, marketing, communications or other relevant discipline.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"