Air Help Desk - Galileo Ticketing Executive
Air Help Desk - Galileo Ticketing Executive. New opportunity not to be missed. A High-Profile Tour Operator is looking to recruit a Ticketing Executive to join their Award-Winning Travel Company. If you are an experienced ticketing consultant who possesses excellent airfare knowledge, fare calculation expertise, understands your CAT35/25’s and have constructed PNR's using Galileo, then, we would like to hear from you today!
Ticketing & Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Provide a help desk function to the Sales Team and Customer Services with fare calculation for upgrades and complex itineraries, including manual fare builds as and when requested. Assist where needed with automated fare storing through CAT35/25 along with historical fare calculations, rules and regulations set by the airline
- Responsible for all processes involving airline tickets. Issue CAT35/25, allocation and group fares, deal with re-issues, refunds and revalidations, as well as MCO/EMD/(V)MPD to pay for deposits, seat reservations, excess baggage and similar where relevant
- Responsible for optimising potential profit in bookings advising and correcting bookings as required
- As one of the in-house GDS experts, provide support to all parts of the business and assist with the training of new starters to get them to the required level of GDS capability
- Responsible for ensuring group and allocation contracts with airlines are diarised for names/balance and ticket issue, and processing refund EMDs for group deposits
- Maintain a working knowledge of the BSP process for ADMs/ACMs
- Responsible for distribution and action of GDS ticketing queues, and update system and assist the sales team as required with any issues arising from changes to their bookings
- Communicating errors to staff between PNR’s and the in-house system
- Develop and update product knowledge of airlines and services, including attendance at appropriate training sessions
- Cover occasional Saturday working on a rota basis
- Be on call out of hours, on bank holidays, and during Jan/Feb peak booking period to assist with flight emergencies on an ad hoc basis
- Responsible for quality control check of all automated tickets to ensure any errors are identified and resolved, also issuing and quality checking all published tickets according to agreed ticket deadlines
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- High competency in CAT 35 ITX fares, preferably gained within a tour operator or airline ticketing environment
- Expert knowledge of Galileo GDS
- Strong communication skills to relay complex information concisely and effectively, both verbally and by written channels
- High attention to detail
- Methodical approach to getting through workload
- Motivated to reduce errors and improve process efficiencies
- Conversant with all aspects of IATA ticketing rules
A fantastic opportunity with a generous salary and great incentives, including fam trips etc. The basic salary is £27,000 - £28,000 per annum, plus lucrative benefits and OTE bonus structure that will see you earn approx. £35,000 in your first year.
Sounds like you?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.