Graphic Designer/Artworker (Maternity Cover – 14 months)
My client is a leading upmarket travel company.
They are now looking to recruit a Graphic Designer/Artwork on a 14 months maternity cover with the possibility to go permanent.
Candidates are required to have previous experience within the travel industry.
The Graphic Designer/Artworker will have a wide range of design responsibilities including the creation of brochures, offline adverts, online banners, leaflets, stationery, etc.
You will be someone with creativity and a pride in your work, a natural technical problem-solving outlook, an ability to work to deadlines and to work independently as well as being part of a team.
Excellent communication skills are essential as the successful candidate will work closely with other departments and external suppliers.
Graphic Designer/Artwork Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of marketing material including offline adverts, brochures, leaflets and stationery using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Quickprint
- Creation of online banner adverts using Google Web Designer and Dreamweaver
- Provide imagery to our PR agency for use in articles and for use in email campaigns
- Work to tight deadlines ensuring these are met with total accuracy
- Control, maintain and develop the in-house picture library and to use appropriately, including sourcing from online image libraries
- Manipulate graphic applications to produce periphery artwork such as maps, cut outs, special effects and image enhancements
- Maintain efficient working practices, good communications and relationships with all associated departments
Graphic Designer/Artworker Experience Required:
- Previous experience working in a design department within the travel industry is essential
- Graphic Design qualification
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver (all within Creative Cloud)
- Google Web Designer
- HTML5 advantageous
- accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation and a full command of the English language is essential
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast pace environment
Graphic Designer/Artworker Salary and Benefits:
- Monday to Friday
- 23 days holidays
- Discounted holiday and travel concessions
To apply for this Graphic Designer/Artworker role, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 0207 812 3820 for additional information.