Guest Service Manager
My Client is Britain's leading independent cruise line and 2018 heralds their ninth year of operating no fly cruises from a choice of 11 UK ports. They believe their smaller more intimate ships offer a leisurely and traditional home from home country house style of cruising with the emphasis very much on personal service and going that extra mile.
Responsible for the entire Guest Services and Customer Relations operation including the day to day running of reception, Passenger Embarkation and Disembarkation, Cabin Changes, Lost Luggage’s, future cruises and shore excursions departments.
· Must have sound knowledge of all hotel departments
· Must have refined skills in public relations, which demands an excellent command of the English language
· At least four years experience within the Hotel Department on a cruise vessel with at least three years in a Management position
· Minimum five years ship’s experience. Customer Service background essential.
· Must have Computer skills: Windows 2000/XP, Word, Excel, MS Outlook. Additional: Fidelio Cruise (or similar Ship Management System)
· Must be knowledgeable in the ISM regulations
· Must have the ability to manage section heads and crew. Must be a good organiser and communicator and feel comfortable working with crew of different nationalities.
· Must be able to formulate efficient daily reports to Head Office (CMV UK), respond and react efficiently to guest related issues, and be fully aware of the internal organisation of the Hotel department on board a cruise ship
· Daily brief meeting with the Hotel Director to exchange information
· Passenger announcements relating to non entertainment related matters
· Passenger communications and letters relating to itinerary adjustments
· Overseeing the efficient running of all Tender operations
· Menu checking and signing off
· Direct liaison with CMV Office when necessary relating to all passenger matters
· Overseeing the duty allocation of the Social Activities Host
· Daily meeting with the sub-heads of department regarding all passenger related matter of the previous 24 hours and the planning for the following day
· Inspection walkabout with the Hotel Director to control maintenance of all public areas, open decks and passenger cabins.
· Meet with passengers regarding any cruise related issues
· Oversee the efficient customer service operation in the reception, shore excursions and future cruise departments