Head of Finance
Head of Finance
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a reputable, established, long-haul tour operator, the Head of Finance/ Finance management role will be responsible for heading up the finance team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Finance will be responsible for the accounting, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, forecasting and internal control activities of this established travel firm.
Head of Finance Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage monthly financial statements. Complete the financial statements and review and reconcile the general ledger accounts to ensure the statements are accurate and complete. Identify and review the need for any changes in the application of GAAP.
- Manage and develop weekly and monthly management reports.
- Supervise the accounts receivable functions and collection activities
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly payroll process and annual reporting requirements
- Support the overseas Finance team on reservation system accounting and reconciliations, bank account reconciliations, foreign currency exchange risk exposure and strategies, along with reservation profit analysis and adjustments.
- Responsible for preparing, forecasting, reporting and complying with the requirements to government and regulatory agencies, i.e. HMRC, C&E (TOMS and Self Billing), ABTA, CAA, ATOL, etc.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections.
- Responsible for the supervisory review of the general ledger balance sheet accounts as outlined in the company's Account Reconciliation Supervisory Review Procedure.
Head of Finance Requirements:
- Proven career in a financial and management position preferably gained in the travel/ tour operating industry.
- An inspirational manager who can lead by example.
- Qualified accountant.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Prior experience with UK travel regulatory requirements.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word. Experience with Microsoft AX a plus.
- Ability to handle financial detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Thorough, accurate and detail oriented
Immediate interviews and start available. Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call Marie on 0203 5877087.