We’re looking for an exceptional Bid Manager with travel industry experience and the skills to clearly articulate Diversity Travel’s value proposition.
Reporting to our Sales and Marketing Director you will project manage response to tenders and proposals in line with our bid management process. This is a role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines; we’re looking for a Bid Manager with proven skills in producing and editing very high quality proposal content within a complex business environment.
This is a key role within the business and daily tasks will include:
- Monitoring online sources to identify new tender releases
- Assisting the Opportunity Manager with planning for presentation ensuring bid messages flow through to presentation
- Proposing revisions to the Bid Management Process to ensure it remains both effective and efficient
- Maintaining KPIs on the speed of response and the success rate of bids
- Managing the feedback process for both wins and losses to ensure we maintain a continuous improvement philosophy in bid management
- Develop a library of best practice responses and content to ensure we continuously build our bid response capability and enhance the overall quality of our responses
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum 2 years proven success in bid writing within a complex business environment
- Demonstrable ability to write focused and compelling content
- Experienced in project managing the bid process, including dealing with Sales and senior managers
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong written and verbal English language skills with extensive vocabulary
- High attention to detail with excellent editing and proofing skills
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office
- Ideally experience of working with public sector clients
- Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledgebase system (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics)
- Degree educated (ideally English Literature) or journalistic / professional writing background
- Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner Level desirable
In return you’ll receive some cracking benefits:
- A competitive salary (to £50k depending on level of experience)
- Excellent opportunities for progression in a fast-growing company
- 23.5 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounted staff travel
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket loan Childcare vouchers
- Central offices
- Team nights out
Our Head Office is in central Manchester and we’re also open to applications from candidates based in London and potentially across the UK.
So, if you’re an experienced Bid Manager who wants to be a part of one of the fastest-growing, travel management companies in the country, then please do get in touch.
Welcome to Diversity Travel – We’re a leading travel management company for the charity and academic communities. We’re proud and passionate about what we do in helping our clients understand and save money on their travel and accommodation.
We’re proud and passionate about what we do.
We embrace diversity and treat everyone with respect and trust.
We always look to improve our products, services and ourselves.
We keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.