Contracts Director – central London - £45k + bonus & benefits
A Contracts Director is required for a well-established travel company with an excellent reputation for the delivery of unique travel to the UK. As Contracts Director you will be playing a key role in the running of the travel company, being part of the Executive Committee, with responsibility for managing contracts, travel client partnerships, and travel operations.
As Contracts Director, you will:
- Lead, inspire and motivate the contracting and operations teams
- Develop a contracting strategy, aiming to build and accelerate growth
- Work with the Sales Director, streamline the processes between travel teams
- Review client budgets against purchasing costs and identify cost improvements
- Strengthen the control of approved budgets, expenditures, product quality and ensure timely delivery
- Oversee management of vendors to ensure they perform to their best to support the negotiation and implementation of on-going contracts with suppliers and customers
- Review contracts and make recommendations on commerciality
- Take overall responsibility for operations margins ensuring that margins are in line with the budget.
- Play an active as part of the Executive Committee following through on the agreed deliverables
The successful Contracts Director will be someone with strong experience of being an Operations or Contracting background in the travel industry with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve their business goals and targets. As Contracts Director you will have strong commercial acumen, have a natural ability to spot revenue generation opportunities and an in-depth knowledge of the UK travel market. The Contracts Director will be a natural leader, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This role is an excellent opportunity to develop your travel career and play a key role in the running of a successful travel business.