Travel Sales Consultant - Sociable working hours
Our client is a well-established and award winning specialist tour operator that offer exciting trips, tours and cruises across the globe for travellers. Due to success and expansion they are now seeking an experienced Travel Sales Consultant to join their friendly and busy team. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a travel professional with experience working for a tour operator within reservations and/or tailormade travel.
This forward thinking company offer career progression and generous benefits. Reap the rewards and apply today!
Your career begins here, duties include:
- Creating a wide range of cruises, trips and tours across the globe for travelers.
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of products by attending product talks and gathering information through reading brochures along with attending annual product training visits.
- Answer travel queries, such as those relating to weather, passport & visas requirements and health & fitness.
- Sell directly to the public and via travel agents either over the telephone, by email or face-to- face with customers visiting the office.
- Use product knowledge to confidently cross-sell to other products if the required holiday is unavailable or unsuitable.
- Dealing with special requests (i.e. dietary requirements, wheelchair assistance, etc.)
- Answer queries for existing bookings, process amendments, where required.
- Attend travel exhibitions and road shows.
- Use knowledge gained from customers to inform the marketing and commercial departments of new trends and potential destinations.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years travel industry experience (cruise or tour operator ideally.)
- Other suitable and relevant experience, as an alternative to the criteria above.
- A highly professional, patient and attentive telephone manner.
- An effective sales technique with the ability to close a sale and offer suggestions of suitable alternatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, dependability and self-motivation.
- Profit and performance related bonus
- Career progression
- Sociable working hours – no shifts!
- Private Medical Healthcare scheme
- Pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Product Training Visits
- Exciting & varied job role
- Opportunity to work for a forward thinking and dynamic tour operator, in state of the art offices, within a friendly team in which you will be rewarded for your hard work.
Give your travel career a boost and apply today!
To apply click APPLY NOW, any questions give us a call on 0208 393 9925 and our dedicated team can assist in locating the right opportunity for you.