Sales Agent - Homeworker
We believe in providing excellent, efficient and inspirational contact centre experiences to our customers. We do this by delivering value, loyalty and engagement to our employees, our business and our customers.
The Sales Agent role involves answering a variety of inbound calls from British Airways Executive Club customers, who collect Avios. You will recognise sales opportunities to drive revenue and achieve business KPI’s, whilst providing the highest level of customer service.
The role of a Sales Agent is ideal for someone who thrives in a target-driven sales environment with a proven track record of achievement against sales targets.
Full training will be 4 weeks in the classroom 09.00 -17.30, during which time you will be provided with all the system, destination and sales skills needed to succeed. This will be followed by 1 week in a supported environment working 10.00 - 18.00, and then you will start working on your roster for the remaining 3 weeks (time may be extended depending on intake dates), where you will answer live calls with phased trainer support in our Contact Centre, as we prepare you for working from home. After graduating, you will return to your home fully equipped to start working your new roster pattern.
For this start date, we require candidates to reside within an hour’s travel time of our office in Birchwood, Warrington as you will be required to be in the office for the duration of your training and once a month for additional support and training. Expenses to cover travel costs to and from the Contact Centre will be paid for each day up to a maximum of 12 weeks if required. Please note we require full attendance during this training period with no holidays to allow you to complete the training successfully.
Requirements to be a Home Worker
A Home Worker is required to have a suitable working environment, details of which are below and will need to be evidenced during the selection process:
- It is expected that applicants will have a suitable workspace and environment at home with a clear definition of when they are working and are not working. The workspace must include a desk and task chair, with access to a live landline socket and broadband connectivity.
- It is also expected that applicants have the necessary permissions from the home owner, mortgage lender or landlord to undertake permanent homeworking and that the buildings and contents insurer(s) have been informed.
- Any costs associated with the above and ongoing rental charges for a landline and broadband will be the responsibility of the employee.
Start date for this role is Monday 30 July 2018.
Key role responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls from British Airways Executive Club Avios customers, convert calls to bookings whilst promoting all relevant ancillary products
- Proactively call customers to offer products to existing bookings where appropriate for additional revenue
- Offer exceptional customer service, which exceeds all customers’ expectations, promoting collection opportunities
- Meet and exceed individual objectives, sales and team targets
- Promote travel opportunities through the use of personal travel experiences and training
- Promote partners, increase customer engagement and influence customer choice where possible
- Attend ongoing training sessions to improve product and system ability
Key personal capabilities
- A passion for sales with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- A natural ability to build rapport with customers, handle objections and conflict with confidence and demonstrate resilience
- Outstanding customer service that exceed expectations
- An eye for detail with proven experience of excellent quality
- Excellent computer literacy with the ability to learn complex systems with training
- Confident working without supervision, whilst supporting Contact Centre KPI’s
- Able to portray a professional and positive attitude
- Can demonstrate commitment to work the roster requirements
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to troubleshoot to solve customer queries
- Happy to work independently
Skills, qualifications, expertise and experience
- Previous experience as a Travel Consultant desirable
- Previous experience of successfully working from home desirable
- Annual salary of £16,134 rising to £17,401 after passing probation
- £1500.00 Annual Shift Allowance for working 4 on 4 off roster only
- Uncapped monthly commission (£7200 average yearly commission 2017)
- Exciting global travel industry discounts including flights and hotels, available through travel providers
- After a qualifying period (currently six months) you will be eligible to unlimited standby and premium standby fares for you and your nominees on the full BA network and numerous other partner airlines
- Travel Insurance (multi trip annual policy)
- Company Contributed Pension
- Private Health Care for self and family
- Childcare Vouchers (tax free savings)
- New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios
- 25 days’ annual leave rising to 29 days depending on length of service, in addition to Public Holiday allocation
- 2 days’ charity leave
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"