International Sales Executive
We are looking for an International Sales Executive to join the Abercrombie & Kent Destination Management and Sanctuary Retreats team in our London head office. You will carry out comprehensive sales campaigns for Abercrombie & Kent (A&K) Destination Management and Sanctuary Retreats, to increase revenue from existing clients, and identify and follow up new business opportunities. The International Sales Executive also manages administrative tasks to support the international sales team operation.
You will build external professional relationships with tour operators, wholesalers, retailers, affinity group organisers, and meeting & incentive companies in selected regions of the world as well as tourist boards, travel associations, travel media, and trade fair organisers.
You will have responsibilities over the following areas;
Strategy and planning:
• Gather customer and market information, record this in the CRM system provided and create regular reports.
• Develop a good understanding of the market(s) A&K/Sanctuary Retreats are targeting and the company’s competitors.
• Work with the SVP Sales A&K Destination Management/Global Director Sales & Marketing Sanctuary Retreats, and with the individual DMCs, to create sales plans for the target markets.
• Focus on volume business from tour operators, wholesalers, group operators and retail networks.
• Maintain and develop relationships with existing clients via telephone calls and emails to increase business. Send company news and offers, and organise webinars to train the clients’ staff.
• Look for leads and cold call potential clients to prospect for new business, and arrange face-to-face meetings for the international sales team as required.
• Listen to and understand client requirements, feed this back to DMCs or Sanctuary, and help them to provide the right products and services at the best prices to win the business.
• When necessary, assist with the conversion of quotes being handled by the tour consultants and help with any other queries to maximise customer satisfaction.
• Champion the clients’ requirements internally to help increase their business and act as the point of contact for escalation purposes.
Sales team support:
• Help organise company representation at trade exhibitions, events or conferences.
• Prepare presentations for the international sales team.
• Ensure that all the sales related documentation in the central files is complete and up to date.
• Help draft contracts for charters, group bookings, exclusive use and other bespoke client agreements in conjunction with the legal team and relevant sales director(s).
As well as general responsibilities such as:
• Maintain up-to-date records of all sales activities in the CRM system and prepare sales reports.
• Actively participate in team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
• Always maintain high standards in all activities and communications to ensure the professional reputation of self and the A&K group of companies.
• Report and help investigate quality issues, ensuring timely response to clients and customers, and assist in collection of payments as necessary.
In return we offer an attractive package and the opportunity to work for one of the best companies in the area.