The main aim of the Reservations Executive is to secure space and to negotiate the best possible hotel rates and conditions; ensure that the product offered is within the quality and standards required and rates offered are highly competitive within the Eastern Market.
This is a very challenging role, so the ability to work under pressure, working to a tight schedule and handling multiple tasks is a must. The candidate must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues. You will ideally have experience of finding quick and accurate solutions to multiple issues; have excellent attention to detail and possess a “can do” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate group rates and conditions and confirm group space at hotels requested in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure that hotels offered are of the standard and quality required and rates are highly competitive
- Build, develop, strengthen and maintain strong business relationship with suppliers in order to achieve optimum results
- Source alternative solutions to difficult situations when the requested locations/hotels are unavailable.
- Negotiate and when necessary waive cancellation charges
- Liaise with Sales offices, Supplier Relationship Managers, Operations, Accounts and Product-build department
- Communicate clearly and precisely at all levels of responsibility to make sure that information is received and properly understood
- Take initiative and action without being directed and to overcome obstacles by proactively providing appropriate solutions
- Search for new suppliers
- Manage and resolve possible complaints by liaising with suppliers and Operations/Sales
- Negotiate availability for Familiarization trips, possibly free of charge
- Maintain an environment which supports the spirit of teamwork and where team members are committed , loyal and take pride in working for the company
- Ensure all amendments are promptly communicated internally to Operations/Sales Offices and externally to suppliers.
- Establish a calendar of events for your area of responsibility
Experience and Skills
- Fluency in English, spoken and written; excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, planning and good time management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work individually and quick decision maker
- Proactive thinker capable to cope well with stressful situations
- Approachable manner with both colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Word, Outlook, Excel
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Applicant must be self-motivated, positive, confident and results driven
- Ability to prioritise and function well under heavy workload with multiple priorities
- Willingness to go the extra mile and ability to learn quickly
- Any additional European language is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the hotel product, market, locations, group business and competitors
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"