Sales and Business Development Manager
The Global Travel Group has been inspiring people to run their own travel businesses since 1992 and now has over 350 members. As a member travel agency businesses benefit from Global Travel Group’s licences and buying power as well as on-going support from the support teams at head office
We are now recruiting for a Sales and Business Development Manager to cover the Southern region.
Hours: Full time Monday to Friday
- Renew all agency agreements and contracts prior to the expiry date of their current terms ensuring that no agent is out of contract at all times.
- Support all members through start up and ensure their introduction to the group runs smoothly.
- Operate a high standard of communication internally and externally to ensure that all sales resources, campaigns, messages and product developments are maximized and that agents are aware of all new initiatives and tools available to them.
- Continuously use sales, negotiation and account management skills in order to gain the best possible return for the company.
- Maintain and increase a high level of sales whilst constantly looking out for new business opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- High level of Excel spreadsheet, formulas and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to manage own workload and diary
- Ability to problem solve and offer a resolve or solution to meet the needs of the business and Agent
- Background in the Travel Industry
- Previous Independent agent experience preferred but not essential
- Previous field based role experience preferred but not essential
The Global Travel Group is owned by dnata Travel, part of the Emirates Group. In the UK, our brands also include Travel Republic, Sunmaster, Gold Medal Travel, Travel 2, Travelbag and Netflights
Our employees enjoy many benefits including life assurance, company pension scheme, travel discounts, industry/social events and a child care voucher scheme.