Travel Specialist - Reservations and Operations
£22,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading luxury tour operator and concierge service dealing with high net worth value clients.
The role covers both reservations and operations with responsibility for confirming and managing reservations, as well as also covering the back office operational part for offline queries, managing hotel confirmations and queries, etc. It covers both aspects of reservations and operations.
Travel Specialists must be able to work under pressure whilst providing the highest levels of customer service.
Travel Specialist responsibilities include:
• Creating quotations using the online reservation tool
• Booking accommodation, transfers, flights and other added extras as requested by clients
• Informing suppliers of any amendments to existing reservations
• Answering telephone calls from internal/external customers, follow-up calls to convert quotations and drive sales
• Dealing with queries from hotels with regards to reservations
• Ensuring that payables functions are completed for all reservations which includes adjusting invoices for clients and back-office for hotel payments as well as ensuring free night offers are applied to bookings as necessary and completing any profit or loss forms as required.
• Monitoring email inbox for confirmed / cancelled / amended reservations and updating the system with the information received from the suppliers
• Providing alternative accommodation options should the chosen request not be available
Travel Specialist Previous Experience Required:
•Excellent Customer Service Skills
•Time Management Skills
•Positive approach and a ‘can do’ attitude
• Previous travel industry experience in a Retail Travel or Tour Operator environment.
Travel Specialist Salary and Benefits:
•Base salary to £22,000
•22 days holidays + bank holidays
•Travel Fam trips
To be considered for the Travel Specialist role, please email your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 0207 812 3820 for additional information.