Home-Based Travel & Lifestyle Consultant
You won’t just help our customers see the world, you’ll help them truly experience it.
Our Home-based Consultants use their passion for travel and lifestyle to surpass client expectations by constantly striving to create unforgettable trips and experiences for our Premium Card Members.
They are brand ambassadors who take pride in their ability to craft memorable trips, and deliver personalized solutions through our best-in-class service, exclusive programs and premium benefits – inspiring long-term relationships and loyalty along the way.
Anything can happen when people travel. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day:
- Delivering “WOW” by providing innovative and extraordinary service
- Consulting with your customers so that you can recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to their needs
- Creating unique travel & lifestyle experiences by expertly booking domestic and international flights, cars, hotels and first-class entertainment
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of industry trends so that you can provide knowledgeable advice and sell products and services with confidence
- Revealing a private world to customers that they never knew existed
- Knowing what your customers want before they do
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
What you’ll need to make the most of your passion for travel.
- Experience of working in the Travel industry is mand. This could be booking various elements of travel over the phone or face to face
- A good knowledge of World Geography, this could be due to a spell spent exploring the world
- Knowledge of travel reservation systems or point of sale tools is helpful
- A flair for building long-lasting customer relationships through your ability to carefully listen and your strong spoken and written communication skills
- Resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Sales experience and the consultative skills to confidently recommend and cross-sell relevant products and services
- Computer skills are vital as you’ll be using several different travel tools, all day, every day
- The flexibility to work shifts, including evenings and weekends
We are a 24/7 operating environment and we are currently offering evening and weekend shifts which can offer you some flexibility and work/life balance, in addition to ensuring we are here when our customers need us most. This will be working 5 out of 7 days. Shift patterns are reviewed every 12weeks. If there is a change to your shift pattern, 30 days prior notice will be given.
Working from Home with Travel & Lifestyle Services
When you are working from home, we still want to be sure that your environment is safe and suitable for the purpose so below we have detailed some of the requirements. By applying for this position, you are confirming and agreeing with the following criteria:
- You are located in the UK.
- You will provide American Express or a third party representative access to your home to conduct an audit of your work space for Health and Safety compliance standards. The first visit will take place within 3 months of starting and annually thereafter.
- Your homes electrical equipment is free of recognized hazards that would cause physical harm (for example, frayed or exposed wires, bare conductors, loose wires, broken sockets).
- Your chosen home office space will allow enough space for the desk, chair and storage units, and the ability to freely exit the work area (desk size will be 1200 X 800 mm). You will need to provide specific details including size and location of room.
- Temperature, lighting, ventilation, privacy and noise levels within your chosen workspace are adequate for maintaining comfort and data security?
- American Express will install high-speed internet and telephone access at your home. Internet service must meet a minimum speed check which you will be able to complete during the recruitment process. Please ensure you have permission to install a new line from your landlord if you rent your home.
- Your home will be covered by Buildings and Contents Insurance.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"