Graphic Design Assistant
Cruise & Maritime Voyages is Britain’s leading independent cruise line and part of the CMV Holdings London Travel & Leisure Group, currently employing approx. 140 shore-based staff. The 2019 cruise season will herald our tenth anniversary year of operation and marks the introduction of Vasco da Gama to our fleet of six classic-style ocean cruise ships.
This is a varied and exciting position with a wide-ranging remit, which will entail working from the
Company’s Purfleet, Essex based sales office within the very busy Marketing department.
The position will mean working to administrative and marketing deadlines, providing essential assistance to Marketing Department.
Training will be provided including an insight into the company’s marketing and communication
strategy, a full product overview and visit to ships to experience the product first hand.
Requirements Reporting to the Graphic Design Manager, the following attributes will be required:
- A progressive approach with a flexible work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team. To prioritise and to work to tight deadlines sometimes working beyond standard office hours.
- Creativity is an essential requirement together with a proven ability in quality graphic design and production both off and online.
- Full knowledge of the full Adobe Creative suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat and InDesign is essential. You will also need experience of the Microsoft office suite on PC or Mac. Any experience with Quark Express would be beneficial but not essential. Knowledge of html and web design will also be advantageous.
- You must have knowledge of print methods and must be able to provide print ready pdfs using Adobe Acrobat. You must have an understanding about how to create web optimised graphics.
- Some digital expertise would be desirable.
Line Management The Graphic Design Assistant will report to the Graphic Design Manager and overall to the Head of Marketing, who oversees the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Graphic Design Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Graphic Design Manager with the Company’s design and production requirements both print and online and also be responsible for database driven e-communications to travel agents and consumers.
The Graphic Design Assistant will undertake the following duties and responsibilities: -
- Deliver Creative Concepts in line with integrated Marketing Campaigns.
- Design and production of press adverts.
- Design and production of various marketing materials and direct mail pieces.
- Production of brochures.
- Design and production of operational materials EG: Shore Excursion books and various on board ship materials.
- Web based creatives for website and e-communications
- Some digital expertise would be desirable.
There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you have passed your probation a one-month notice period will be required. Should either party wish to terminate the relationship within your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required and 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1-week notice is required.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs. A day off in lieu will be provided for Saturday/Sunday working, as advised by the Line Manager and subject to staffing rota.
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
For weekend overtime, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked. At the discretion of the Line Manager, ‘paid’ overtime may also be considered instead of the day/s off in lieu based on a pro-rata basis at the daily or half daily salary rate.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
- Free on-Site Parking
- State of the art offices
- Travel discounts on selected products and services
CMV is a progressive company who encourage organic career development and enjoy a low turnover of staff. This position offers a good career opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to join a largely non-corporate, medium sized and privately owned organisation. Unlike many other UK based cruise operators, CMV’s UK office is not just a sales operation but a fully-fledged and ‘hands on’ cruise line closely aligned to both the product and customer.
CMV also have established sales offices in Australia, USA, Germany and Mexico and is estimated to carry 120,000 cruise passengers in 2018. In addition to the core cruising business, the Company also has other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These includes a long-established coach wholesaling business, a group specialist tour operating company, a high street travel agency and business travel house.
This is an exciting time to join CMV as we enter into a rapid growth plan with the addition of our new ship to our fleet; Vasco Da Gama, this will be our 6th Ship to join CMV.