Travel Contracting Manager
Our client is a growing travel tour operator seeking a Contracting Manager to join the team.
The role involves managing the Worldwide Procurement of land based products with focus being to develop the depth and breadth of a sustainable ground portfolio for the business. Create and maintain strong contractual relationships with our key suppliers ensuring a good mix of both competitive and exclusive rate agreements.
Contracting Manager Duties:
- Co - manage the annual briefing and contracting timetable with the Product teams.
- Help lead the Contracting team with strong and dynamic leadership, developing their supplier relationship, market research and negotiating skills.
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships with jointly agreed vision and strategy agreements that are regularly reviewed.
- Nurture agreements to negotiate industry leading rates and unique products.
- Develop a travel timetable to research and negotiate product briefs creating new supplier relationships and strengthening agreements.
- Travel to Global Destinations to review and finalise agreements.
- Create a Contracting team with the necessary processes and training to effectively manage the contract management process
- Review Customer Feedback and look to ways to improve ground products and the customer journey with the product and service team.
- Manage any customer complaint escalations and drive compensation recovery where appropriate from suppliers.
- Ensuring strong and robust department processes are in place for contract filing, version controls, liability risk reviews and deadline achievement.
- Negotiated commercial agreements and marketing contributions with ground handlers, hotels, destination management companies and tourist boards.
Contracting Manager Skill set required:
- Experience in Contracting, Negotiating and creating new Supplier partnerships
- Strong pro-active, dynamic, passionate and a team player.
- Experience in negotiation skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus excellent numeric ability
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
- Manage and Prioritise conflicting priorities.
- Microsoft Office (Excel / Word) with intermediate level.
Contracting Manager Salary:
- · Basic salary from £30,000 depending on experience
To apply for this Contracting Manager position, please email your full current CV as soon as possible.
Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.