Operations Executive – Adventure Travel – £25 - £28k
Operations Executive is required by a leading travel company who have an excellent reputation for creating unique adventure travel experiences and whom pride themselves on the ethical and responsible approach that they take in everything that they do. As Operations Executive you will improve and maintain excellent standards for quality and the customer experience, with a focus on safety and risk management, as well as develop product, helping to play a key role in the delivery of once in a lifetime adventure travel experience. This Operations Executive role is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop travel product skills.
As Operations Executive, what will I do?
- Researching and assisting in the setting up of new travel itineraries
- Liaising with ground handlers to ensure all operational details are correct, that any ad hoc changes to exclusive itineraries have been organised and accounted for and any extra costs passed to the sales team
- Liaising with clients: helping them prepare, sending out visa application info, vaccinations, kit list etc, joining instructions, updates to their itineraries and flight details etc. Collate feedback and respond where necessary to problems. Assisting clients with insurance claims on their return etc
- Product Development – help with developing new travel product
- Managing the ground handlers and negotiating rates
- Effectively handling emergencies / crises
- Overseas travel with tour leading, safety inspections and product development
- Gathering feedback from clients and travel leaders to continually improve safety and quality
Operations Executive, what do you need me to be?
- Someone with travel experience in the organisation of adventure travel experience who has a sound knowledge of principles of safety and risk management
- A self-starter who can manage time efficiently, who is not fazed by balancing a workload of wide-ranging tasks. Able to competently project manage many tasks, with a high level of care
- Excellent attention to detail, a focus on organisation and following processes
As Operations Executive, what’s in it for me?
- A small, friendly travel company full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. A chance to do something special.
- Opportunity for overseas travel
- Salary is from £25-28k, Mon-Fri 0900-1730hrs
- 24 days holiday a year, plus one extra day each year up to a maximum of 27 days after three years continuous service
- Career development with previous employees having gone on to programme and product management