Operations Manager – Activity Adventure Travel - £30 - £37k – Central London
An Operations Manager for a leading Activity & Adventure Travel company is required to manage the operations department in line with high standards of customer care to travel objectives. As Operations Manager you will have responsibility for the management and provision for ground and transport programmes as well as running the company’s travel reservations systems.
As Operations Manager you will have overall responsibility for:
- Recruit, train and manage all operations staff
- Act as the key contact for the res system provider, coordinating and managing any software development requirements, upgrades etc
- Responsible for negotiating and contracting the transport programme for all products and that allocation is utilitised effectively.
- Loading all product and prices on the res system
- Ensure the correct booking of all 3rd party elements of all packages sold – e.g. self-catering apartments, hotels, lift passes, transfers, private transfers
- Responsible for the production and issue of all customer documentation i.e. invoices, travel itineraries, tickets, vouchers etc.
- Responsible for the issue of all manifests for all ancillary suppliers – e.g.; airlines, airports, brokers, accommodation providers, transfer providers etc.
- Assuming overall responsibility for the system of scheduled ticketing and being the key point of liaison with GDS and IATA re: BSP returns and ADMS
- Liaise with operators, brokers, airlines and agents with regard to market trends and work with sales and marketing manager’s and make recommendations for future programmes.
The successful Operations Manager will have a background in Operations within the Travel Industry. You will have excellent attention to detail, be systematic, methodical and well orgainsed. As Operations Manager you will be resourceful with strong commercial acumen and communication skills. Whilst team management experience is ideal our client has said that they will consider applications from candidates who have limited supervisory experience in a previous role if they have a strong travel background in operations, aviation or yield.
To apply for the Operations Manager role, or for a career in the Travel Industry, please send your CV to Travel Futures below.