Product Manager - Travel
Product Manager - required for this leading provider of tailor-made travel, to assume ownership of their South America programme. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with a strong background in product & contracting with knowledge of South America to join the team of this well established & respected brand.
Product Manager - Role & Responsibilities:
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure the correct range of products is available at the right price.
- Source & contract destination land products with competitive rates.
- Manage and develop relationships with contracted hotels, tourist boards & ground handlers.
- Manage the destination content to support a multi-channel approach both off and online.
- Review and manage the in resort service ensuing an effective, high quality service.
- Pro-active approach to ensuring special offers and campaigns are quick to market, and react quickly to changing market conditions.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the competition and price points to influence pricing policy and revenue management.
- Assist operational areas of the business as required to resolve issues.
- Full understanding of health & safety policies to ensure the appropriate measures are in place when contracting all ground arrangements.
- Embrace digital technology and utilise online skills team to full effect.
- Assist the sales team with ensuring a full understanding of the product range to increase knowledge and conversion rates.
Product Manager - Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience as a Product / Purchasing / Contracts Manager / Executive within the travel industry (tour operations). To include negotiation, purchasing, product development.
- Knowledge of South America preferred.
- Strong commercial acumen, highly numerate and analytical.
- Proven record of working with suppliers to drive volume and profit.
- Objective approach to ensuring commercial success whilst taking account of customer feedback and service.
- Flexible approach with a willingness to take on new challenges and embrace change.
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills.
- Highly driven and results oriented.
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to travel overseas as required.
- Experience of team management is desirable.
- Strong office MS office applications.
Product Manager - Additional Information:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Employee discounts and offers.
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Career progression opportunities
If you have the skills and experience required and are interested, please apply for the position of Product Manager online.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk