Business Travel Consultant - Temp
Business Travel Consultant - Brighton - 6 Month Temporary Contact - Immediate Start!!
Business Travel Consultant Specification
Looking for an experienced Business Travel Consultant to join a small but busy team on a 6-month temporary contract. Based in central Brighton, close to train station, their friendly team strive to deliver an efficient and professional service for all customers and colleagues. The key objective of the role is to support the customer requirement for planning, booking and re-booking travel and conferencing/ events arrangements and to deliver exceptional service to retain and grow the customer base.
Offering a competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Business Travel Consultant Key responsibilities:
- Respond to travel enquiries from internal and external customers in a timely, knowledgeable and professional manner. Example enquiries will include quotes for suitable air fares, accommodation and venues for conferencing & events.
- Strive to deliver customer Service Level Agreement at all times and exceed the customer's expectation. Work within company processes for reporting all customer feedback
- Build rapport and trust with customers to foster positive relationships and repeat business
- Use range of IT software to complete reservations/ amendments/ refunds accurately, (including GDS & Supplier systems)
- Understand how to correctly book all available supplier products and services and keep abreast of changes in the procedure as communicated internally and across the travel industry.
- Liaise with suppliers to exert influence wherever possible and ensure customer requirements are fulfilled.
- Communicate clearly in role as "agent" to manage customer expectations and ensure detail of supplier T&Cs is understood
- Fulfil complete and accurate back office administrative reconciliation of sales (including detail for amendments, reporting requirements and customer service history)
- Build positive relationships with colleagues to support teamwork and ensure collective goals are reached
- Follow Company processes and procedures as defined in the ISO, work instruction manuals and as communicated on an ad-hoc basis by the manager or team leaders
- Work with the team leader and team colleagues to improve processes and develop business opportunities to harness the full potential in the department.
Business Travel Consultant Essential skills; experience; and competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to respond to complex itineraries/ enquiries in a short time frame in a clear, concise, and friendly manner.
- Demonstrate close attention to detail and be highly organised; able to prioritise work under pressure and maintain high levels of accuracy.
- Team player: able to work well with others and multi-task to be flexible/ adaptable to the business/ team requirement.
- Excellent problem solving skills able to research and use own initiative as well as network with colleagues and suppliers to support service delivery and drive business improvement.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office packages. Desirable skills; experience; and competencies:
- Relevant experience in conferencing and events.
- Relevant experience building supplier relationships to negotiate products/ service to meet requirement
- Relevant travel and tourism qualification and/ or degree level education
- Able to understand individual customer requirements and how to exceed their expectation in delivering the service level.
- Ideally able to demonstrate knowledge from experience in the Travel Industry. To be conversant in industry products (e.g. fares and ticketing), geographical knowledge (e.g. routes/destinations etc) and regulation (e.g. ATOL/IATA etc).
- Prior use of GDS (Amadeus), Conferma, The Trainline, BOSS.
Please apply for the position of Business Travel Consultant online or send your CV with a short cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk