PR Executive required by a leading blue-chip global FMCG brand. With one of the most recognisable and best loved brands in the world our client is looking for a bright, dynamic and enthusiastic person to join their brand engagement team, working in a busy press office to deal with PR and media enquiries.
As PR Executive you will be:
- The first point of contact for the press office team – helping to develop, craft and approve media statements.
- On the ball with monitoring social media and customer care to help us spot potential issues.
- Using instinct to spot when great brand building opportunities appear, and be proactive in taking full advantage of them.
- Brilliant at scenario planning, and anticipating what journalists are likely to ask us next.
- Delivering brilliant proactive press coverage. News generation, news hijacking and supporting new product launches to drive buzz and excitement around the brand
- An ambassador for raising the profile of PR within the UK business, acting as an in-house consultant on all things PR, and helping our marketing team integrate PR seamlessly into their plans.
As PR Executive you will be someone with:
- A natural PR instinct – having the ability to identify and resolve potential issues, anticipate upcoming enquiries from journalists, and respond in the right way to anything that comes through. You’ll also need to have a keen eye for identifying potential proactive PR opportunities too.
- Ideally, prior experience (either in-house or agency side) looking after (and working as part of) a press office – able to talk to journalists, sell in stories and write press materials.
- Excellent copywriting skills. You’ll need to have a versatile writing style, which you’re able to adapt instantly to brand tone-of-voice with flawless grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Prior experience managing internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Creativity and imagination, but with a sharp eye for detail, ability to prioritise, work in a team, deal with feedback, see the bigger picture and stay calm under pressure.
PR Executive – what are the benefits?
- Huge career progression, support and development opportunities
- Full access to multiple world class training programmes and courses to help build your knowledge and develop you as a person and a leader including Heartstyles, Leadership Accel and London Business Forum courses.
- Full company car scheme
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
- Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
- International career opportunities across the business
- Receive a share of the profits from your area in the form of stock options
- Pick n Mix Benefits to convert them into your very own benefits plans that unique to you options including gym membership, health screening and travel insurance.