CUSTOM GROUPS – OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
We have a great opportunity for a pro-active and motivated person to join our team as a Custom Groups Operations Executive. The role offers the right candidate a chance to learn about a creative and exciting part of the business; private group charters. Each trip is bespoke and designed individually, covering a range of special interests.
You will work closely with our global sales offices, along with existing suppliers and build relationships with new suppliers. This is a maternity cover position that could evolve into a permanent position depending on the needs of the business at the time.
- Checking and planning tour itineraries
- To look for new suppliers according to group requests and getting the group rates and prices from them; negotiating and contracting the services. This includes, but isn’t limited to; tourist venues, restaurants, local guides, coaches and tickets
- Booking all services for each group within budget and related components
- Planning and operation of each group from start to end
- Compiling Tour Pack for Tour Directors
- Liaising with Travel Directors before, during, and after the tour to ensure the tour runs successfully
- Support overseas sales offices regarding any queries related to destinations, itinerary, venue details, information about Tour/Travel Directors, Tropics related issues, etc.
- Provide multi branded support to the Operations Team
- Providing support to the General Manager Global Groups
- Carry good organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Be collaborative, able to work in a team-based environment as well as on his/her own initiative and willing to be ‘’hands-on’’
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation
- Eye for attention to detail, ability to identify issues and implement processes to prevent errors
- Decisiveness - ability to resolve conflicts between different parties in a dispute and find suitable solutions to challenges
- To possess a good ability in maintaining their composure and objectivity when under pressure (from various agents, all at once)
- Good team player and willingness to help others when required
- The candidate will be a self -starter with strong people skills
- Able to think on their feet and build sustainable relationships. You will have excellent problem-solving skills, be a good communicator with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing multi-cultural travel environment.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet
- Experience using Tropics, particularly the Operations module would be an advantage
- Previous experience in the Travel Industry, ideally in tour operations
- Another European Language highly regarded
Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm, however during busy periods we would like you to be flexible and be prepared to work longer hours if necessary.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"