A Tour Operator has a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Clerk.
You will be responsible to handle day-to-day accounts, operations and coordination based in London, making sure the needs of our business is handled in an efficient manner as well as creating & meeting deadlines set for work. You will ensure the smooth running of your work at all times and on occasion getting more involved where it’s deemed necessary. You will be reporting to London management on all aspects and areas of work.
This job description reflects the current main organisational priorities for the position and the role may evolve and vary in future according to business needs.
Handling the daily post and validating the invoices
Updating service statuses on TP (Tour Plan Accounting software) and entering all required templates correctly.
Queries, raising queries with all Internal department and suppliers via mails only and filed away as per procedure
Queries, chasing for replies/closer after 48 hours and then continuously chasing until it is till closed by mails only.
Queries / Statements (suppliers or agents) to reconcile at the time or latest prior to end of month payments
Reporting all issues/ problems at the time, on mail only with full explanation and facts along with all relevant details/history or audit trail to relevant management team.
Filing away all the invoices, documents, bank documents, online transfer copies and remittance copies as per required procedures
Chasing all overpayments/ wrong payments by mails only and filed away as per procedure
Preparing payments and making all payments to suppliers.
Preparing all remittance advises to suppliers at the time of payment in line with the procedures and full clear details.
Chasing all original invoices from suppliers, internal departments for pre paid, card payments and credit suppliers payments.
General Office Administration tasks and procedures.
Working with manual and system procedures and policies
All bank accounts to be reconciled with sage and bank statements.
Working with Sage system and posting of all invoices,/ credit notes
Analysis of Barclay card payments both in GBP, Euros and if any other currencies. Updating the required procedure on manual basis.
Credit Control: Chasing and collection of money, from customers and gtt staff, working with manual charts and preparing the summaries of balances, invoices raised/missing and total sales on a regular basis
Preparing invoices for VAT submission.
Manage and maintain quality and accuracy of work and reporting to respective management all errors and all oversights.
Ensuring all correspondence is filed on, Mail Boxes, TP & the internal folders. (T-DRIVE)
Daily house-keeping especially emails within all personal folders of MS Outlook..
To report both internal and external issues that may have an impact on the smooth working of accounts.
To ensure a positive and professional image of the department and company is portrayed to suppliers, agents and colleagues at all times.
Comply and follow all the Companies and Account’s department polices and procedures along with manual charts and groups / agent templates.
Liaise with suppliers (e.g. hotels, coaches, restaurants, tour guides and attractions) for their general queries
Liaise and Coordinate constantly with London office and our outsourcing office to resolve billing or any other issues for their general queries .
Helping other areas of business as when required to do so..
Close and boxing of old files, invoices and various accounts documentation on completion o year end audit.
Key skills/Experience required:
• Previous experience within account is highly desirable especially in a B2B environment
• Working with systems, Sage, Tour Plan, Excel, Microsoft Outlook/word.
• Able to manage all your work and maximize your productivity
• Working to Objectives and structures within the Teams as well as an individual staff
• Policing the work, policies and procedures
• Dealing with issues and resolving in a professional manner without any detrimental effect to person/teams
• One to one and group meeting skills desirable.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, clerical, people & communication skills with the ability to
build strong relationships with other departments/ suppliers/ agents and individuals (both verbal & written)
• Friendly and professional manner, ability to work within deadlines
• Working to set targets and ability to deliver
• Able to prioritize work with accuracy and efficiency in a pressurised environment along
with motivating of teams/individuals
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and with attention to detail
• Able to work on your own and also be a good team player with flexible and adaptable approach