This is a very important role within the company, filling the gap between when a group is confirmed and when it is allocated to an operator and goes into full operations.
You need to have good product knowledge and at least 1 year's experience of working in a similar role and environment.
Languages such as French, Italian and German would be an advantage.
You will be handling all aspects of early operations and your responsibilities include:
- To ensure that all necessary information has been provided by the Business Development Team during the hand-over process.
- To cross-check the file and the itinerary and services against that of the client to ensure that they are the same and to identify any discrepancies and resolve these with the client at the earliest stage possible.
- To ensure that no supplier options or deadlines are missed.
- Identify and highlight any services such as entrances which may need to be booked early and when necessary, to book these.
- To deal with all suppliers such as hotels, coach companies and restaurants as and when necessary before hand-over to an Operations Executive.
- To correspond and communicate with clients and answer any queries they may have during this time. This sometimes involves providing them with re-quotes or pricing on additional or changed services.
- Building close working relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Researching and sourcing new product and obtaining rates.
- Preparing the files for eventual hand-over to an Operations Executive.