DCV is currently looking for Accounts Assistant for our Client based in Purfleet, Essex.
The purpose of the role is to assist in the day to day running of Company Finance department. A high level of Customer Service will need to be maintained at all times effectively dealing with challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
The Accounts Assistant will report directly to the Senior Finance Analyst and subsequently to the Assistant Group Accountant who heads up the Department.
• Have good attention to detail.
• Good Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and outlook.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Ability to work and to organise workload and work to deadline.
• To be a team player and be able to work on your own initiative.
• To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding, but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.
• Ability to do overtime on occasions (as and when required) – standard hours are 0900/1730.
• To ensure that all agents and direct bookings are paid on time.
• Effectively dealing with all payment queries from retail agents and direct passengers by telephone and in writing (email /letter).
• Excellent telephone manner, effectively communicating with retail agents and direct passengers in a confident and professional manner, maintaining a high level of Customer Service at all times.
• Responsible for processing daily bank statements.
• Assisting with general ad hoc accounts work within the Department, when credit control is up to date.
Remuneration A basic salary of £16,000 - £18,000 per annum (Circa), commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually every December, subject to a three-month probation period.