Business Development Manager UK and Europe (Ireland, Germany, Scandinavia and France)
Our client is a leading integrated private travel group with over 25 years of experience in the hospitality sector with operations in Vietnam and Laos.
Their portfolio of products encompasses 3 hotel brands, with 11 properties, an air operation, 3 cruise operations on the Mekong Delta. Responsible and sustainable travel is at the heart of all operations, this successful group currently employs over 2000 employees.
For this exciting opportunity, we are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with extensive experience of the UK & European travel industry and superior knowledge of Indochina region.
The primary function of this role is to:
- Manage all business development opportunities and yield sales from UK and European travel industry for the client on behalf of SLC Representation Ltd
- Ensure all objectives are achieved in consultation with the client and that all products within the client portfolio are fairly represented.
- Identify and pitch products to new distributors in markets to acquire new accounts through in person meetings and proactive calls
- Analyse sales figures and develop sales plans to yield sales from new operators and existing accounts
- Maintain close relationships with new and existing key operators through personal visits and ongoing correspondence
- Identify promotional opportunities with distributors and work with client to put in place sales incentives and offer allocations and offers to increase sales
- Understand the “need” hotels / products and “need” periods and be pro-active in ensuring sales and promotional activity support accordingly.
- Work to agree targets to deliver sales to the group products
- Represent the client at travel trade shows as requested – arranging and managing head office team schedules and providing comprehensive post show reporting.
- Organise sales mission’s appointments and accompany all clients visiting personnel
- Develop launch plans for new hotels and products
- Provide on-going training sessions to tour operators and travel trade
- Undertake familiarisation trips selecting participants from the client territories each year, including sourcing and securing airline seats and ground transportation as required in collaboration with the client
- Produce annual plan and sales calendar detailing monthly activity to be undertaken for the UK & European markets.
- Organise quarterly reviews with all accounts and report back to client HO and respective hotels and products as required
- Submit monthly report
- Compile and update direct mail lists for different market segments
- Undertake other duties as directed by client
You will possess the following skills:
- Consummate, experienced and proactive sales person
- Minimum of 2-years in a similar business development role
- Highly developed commercial skills
- Able to deliver and exceed set targets
- Able to work autonomously and under pressure
- High level of verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of travel trade distribution
- Experience in the UK & European travel and tourism industry
- Knowledge of the South East Asian tourism industry
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and co-ordinate activities.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Key networks in the South East Asian n travel industry and contacts within operators in the UK and Europe
- Have travelled in Indochina and South East Asia
- A second European language – preferably French
- Knowledge of the corporate travel and/or MICE an advantage (not essential)
You will need to possess a current Valid UK Work Permit (if applicable)
The role will require extensive travel in the UK and Europe with frequent overnight stays.
Location: Wimbledon, London
Hours: Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.30 (37.5 hour week) with flexible working patterns available
Holiday: 25 days (per calendar year)
How to apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter
Deborah Pearce, Managing Director by clicking "Apply Now"
Applications required ASAP closing date 17 December 2018