Head of Sales - Luxury Travel
Head of Sales - Luxury Travel. Our multi-award-winning client is looking for a knowledgeable, passionate and enthusiastic Head of Sales to join their dynamic management team in the City of London. The successful candidate will facilitate the enhancement of our client’s travel brand and must have first-hand experience of the 4* & luxury 5* holiday market.
This is an exciting and challenging role which demands a natural leader with a drive to improve operational success at all levels. They are looking for an inspirational leader capable of motivating their sales team. A leader who is an effective, persuasive and loyal professional with a successful background in running luxury travel companies with turnover in access of £60+ million.
The candidate will report directly to the MD and will contribute to the planning of the company’s strategy as well as analysing business performance in line with our client’s company and commercial goals. The candidate will be focusing on improving service levels and growing sales revenue by influencing and implementing the company’s strategy and increasing market share within luxury holiday sales.
Head of Sales Role & Responsibilities:
- Working alongside Senior Management and Directors, you’ll create and implement strategy to enhance this luxury brand. Applicants must have first-hand experience of the 4* & luxury 5* holiday market place
- Contribute to the managing and development of current established departments including Sales, Operations, Customer Service & recruitment
- Lead your Managers who are motivated and ready to reinforce your direction with close daily contact, objectively analysing the company’s strengths and weaknesses and making sure that company culture is strong
- Adopting a very hands-on approach, you’ll create, manage and mentor teams
- Managing different departments overall production and performance: A balance should be found between efficiency and happiness
- Transfer of Knowledge: use your skills and knowledge to ensure departmental heads/managers are utilising their strengths and contributing towards a positive working environment
- Inspire Call Centre Manager to drive sales and focus on improving customer experience, service levels and forming good habits
- KPI Management: Evaluate, complete, communicate and oversee departmental KPI’s
- Company Rules and Disciplines: ensure all basic house rules are adhered to as set out on our company handbook. You should be able to manage any misconduct appropriately
- A hunger to succeed and over-achieve in a very competitive market
- Should be keeping up to date with industry/competitor developments
Essential Experience Needed:
- A leading, dynamic travel professional with Director/ Head of Sales experience gained within a direct sell Tour Operator
- An in-depth knowledge of mainstream 4* and luxury 5* holidays/products and competitors including all popular worldwide destinations
- Candidate should be intelligent, articulate and decisive, have a calculated and deliberate mind-set
- Overall management including business development experience. Must possess the ability to performance manage
- Ability to encourage, motivate and identify training needs
- A strong fundamental understanding of business KPIs, the ability to demonstrate strategic capability and must be commercially astute
- A strong desire to test new processes in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Tenacious and determined character; ability to be resilient
The basic salary is £55,000 per annum, plus £5,000 - £10,000 KPI bonus + lucrative benefits you would expect from a well-established company.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.