- Contract Type
An Adventure Travel specialist has a fantastic opportunity for a Sales Manager (Global Purpose Specialist).
At the company, they are dedicated to changing people’s lives through sustainable, authentic adventure travel experiences, and are looking for a Global Purpose Specialist (GPS) to help reach out to even more avid travelers. This hands-on Sales Manager will achieve and increase sales, but will also be dedicated to creating happiness and a sense of community among their travelers and the people they connect with around the world. The GPS, UK East will build, develop and manage the relationships between agents and representatives to achieve business revenue growth through a range of methods that support business requirements.
This role will cover the counties of: Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Northamptonshire.
• Develop and maintain relationships and accounts with travel agencies and vendors, representation companies, tourist offices, airlines, media and competitors of the company’s products.
• Assisting the National Sales Manager, UK in a variety of aspects of running the sales functions and initiatives in increasing existing business, creating new business and implementing strategies as directed.
• To ensure superior knowledge of company products and services is maintained and refreshed at all times in order to deliver Customer Service Excellence.
• Liaison between head office and Eastern UK Counties industry – Acting as a bridge between all office departments in communication to and from the industry.
• To provide superior levels of customer service and sales support by analysing, communicating, reporting and managing customer information.
• Achieve Sales Revenue, budgetary and corporate business KPIs.
• Ensure superior knowledge of company products and services is maintained and refreshed at all times.
• Manage day to day performance with appropriate resources and support.
• Communicate pertinent information to internal and external customers.
• Demonstrate teamwork and developing relationships.
• Actively maintain and promote the company core values.
• Help people discover more purpose, passion and happiness.
• 2+ years’ experience in sales account development within the travel industry
• 2+ years on the road experience within the travel industry
• Previous experience with independent travel agencies preferred
• Professional sales presentation techniques
• First hand (travel) knowledge of the region responsible for
• Knowledge of the travel industry
• Demonstrated experience in business planning, budgeting and forecasting
• Demonstrated experience in driving business improvement initiatives
• Grasp of adventure product, processes, the industry and competition, as well as the market for this style of travel product
• Decision making, public speaking, and problem solving and computer skills
• Valid driver’s license and access to a car
• Applicants must be located within the counties listed above
Apply for Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly