Product Manager - Tour Operator
Product Manager - Tour Operator - Surrey - £30-35k
Product Manager - Tour Operator - Role
- To negotiate the most favourable hotel rates in the Caribbean and Mexico.
- To account manage relationships with key suppliers which include Hotel Groups as well as Individual properties (owners / GM /Sales Directors).
- Leverage US (Perx) relationships and contracts and vice versa to maximise global volume bargaining power.
- Ensure rates are competitive with interline and tour operator competitors.
- Negotiate marketing funds from suppliers as well as promote products to maximise exposure and sales.
- Lead and manage the Hotels and Resort Product Loading Function.
Product Manager - Tour Operator - Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the viability of and develops new destinations.
- Decide on the range of hotel products to be offered by the business
- Continuously monitors competitor activity to ensure the hotel product range is not undermined nor the pricing edge is eroded.
- Continuously monitors sales together with customer feedback via the sales teams to ensure product relevance, quality and pricing is in line with the company strategy and customer demand.
- Translate the 'deals' that are agreed with suppliers into a company proposition and pricing strategy.
- Lead and manage Product Loading Function for Hotels and Resort products.
- Identifies and validates the suitability of new suppliers.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with all key suppliers in the Hotel industries. (Supplier portfolio of approximately 100 relationships at any one time.)
- Negotiates contracts on the most favourable terms, by utilising evidence of history of sales volume and passenger room nights.
- Identifies new suppliers as required to broaden the hotel product range and as a result of competitor activity and customer feedback.
- Negotiates contributions from suppliers to marketing and advertising materials to mitigate the cost to Travelbrands.
- Determines the Travelbrands pricing policy of hotel products.
- Authorises price match requests over and above the travel sales teams minimum selling prices.
Product Manager - Tour Operator - Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating hotel rates.
- An in depth knowledge of the hotel product in relation to the assigned geographical market.
- Knowledge of marketing and promotional activity.
- A minimum of 5 years track record in the travel industry.
- Commercial understanding and business astute.
- Strong influencing, problem analysis and decision making skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise.
- Fully IT literacy of all packages including Word and Excel.
- Conversant with the internal and external reservation systems.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Educated to 'A' level standard or equivalent.
- Displays honesty and integrity in order to build and maintain relationships with suppliers and business partners.
- Demonstrates confidence and an outgoing personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly to the needs of the business and under pressure to achieve targets and deadlines.
- Ability to travel extensively and work unsocial hours when required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the management team.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk