Cruise Product Manager
JG Travel Group is a leading provider of group travel offering a wide range of value for money tours, ranging from short breaks, classic seaside resort holidays, heritage tours, London theatre breaks and attractions and European holidays through a number of brands. In addition to these successful brands, Cruise Connections has been part of the cruise industry for over 30 years, providing ocean and river cruises to their loyal customer base. We are now looking to expand and develop this area of our business, and are looking to recruit an experienced and forward thinking Cruise Product Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Product & Operations Director, this role will be responsible for the end to end product cycle, from contracting to driving the sales performance and marketing to achieve results.
We are looking for someone with a vast and varied experience of the cruise industry with a clear, demonstrable record of success. An excellent communicator, who is able to negotiate with key suppliers of both ocean and river cruise products to gain the best commercial contract terms, alongside developing unique packages for exclusive sale, specific accountabilities include:
- To act as the point of contact for the Cruise Company representatives and exploit all potential opportunities for Cruise Connections.
- To work closely with the Cruise Companies to obtain funding for marketing campaigns.
- To work towards the budgeted growth figures for the cruise product range.
- To identify and deliver a range of best-selling products that will form the basis of the Cruise Connections’ proposition.
- To develop cruise packages that are unique, setting the Cruise Connections’ proposition apart from the competition.
- To develop the Cruise Connections’ brand to market leader status both within the industry and to the public.
- To work with the Reservations Manager to ensure the Cruise Sales Consultants are achieving the budgeted sales volumes.
- To work alongside the Marketing Studio and Digital Marketing teams to ensure successful campaigns are delivered on time and achieve the results required and to budget.
- To ensure the administration and system processes are as efficient as possible for cruise sales’ bookings.
- Working with the Reservations Manager, set individual sales performance targets and commission structure for the Cruise Sales Consultants.
- Working with the Reservations Manager, develop an active outbound call programme, to ensure sales opportunities are maximised.
- Working with the Reservations Manager, ensure cruise specific training and coaching is provided to ensure optimum performance.
The ideal candidate will be results orientated, and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills. A commercial thinker who is flexible and decisive with a creative and challenging mind, this is an exciting opportunity for someone to further their career and to be part of shaping the future of the JG Travel Group.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and attributes for this role please send your CV and letter of application by clicking "Apply Now" without delay !
Apply for Cruise Product Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly