Customer Services Specialist
Customer Services Specialist
- Due to further expansion of our business, we are looking for an experienced Customer Services Specialist, your 'people skills' will be just as important as your formal qualifications.
- We will look for a good general standard of education, but excellent communication skills and a friendly personality is preferred.
- Previous experience of working with people either over the telephone, face to face or by email would be useful.
- Any previous experience in the travel industry would also be beneficial.
- Abilities to work to chronological deadlines and to work as part of a team is needed.
- The successful candidate will have experience of working in a customer service environment, with excellent communication and organisational skills, with experience of working in a call centre/telesales environment.
- You will have a good attention to detail, be computer literate with experience of using a reservation system.
- The Customer Services Specialist will ultimately report to the Customer Services Manager.
- The Customer Services Manager will manage, supervise and allocate the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring all passenger enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner. This will be done by telephone, email and on occasion, face to face.
- Ensure correct information is passed on to passengers.
- Administer cancellations and/or transfers received by email or post and ensure they are actioned in-line with company guidelines.
- Printing, collating and posting initial cruise documentation to passengers, such as ticketing, pre-cruise information, itinerary change letters etc.
- Printing, collating and posting issuing documentation to any new and/or bookings.
- Entering passenger information onto the in-house booking system correctly.
- Taking payment from passengers.
- Attending ship turnarounds, at various regional ports.
- Participating in our Rota. (Approximately once in x8 weeks) £75 each time.
- There will be an initial probation period of three months.
- Once you have passed your probation a one-month notice period will be required.
- Should either party wish to terminate the relationship within your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required and 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1-week notice is required.
- Standard office hours are Monday to Saturday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.
- A day off in lieu will be provided for Saturday/Sunday working, as advised by the Line Manager and subject to staffing rota.
- A basic salary of £16,000 - £18,000 per annum (Circa), commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually every December, subject to a three-month probation period.
- During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
- For weekend overtime, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked. At the discretion of the Line Manager, ‘paid’ overtime may also be considered instead of the day/s off in lieu based on a pro-rata basis at the daily salary rate.
- In the event of extended overtime hours beyond the full day a flat rate of pay will apply and thereafter increased if an overnight is required.
- All overtime must be approved in advance by the Line Manager.
- A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply.
- Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system.
- At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
- Free on-Site Parking
- State of the art offices
- Travel discounts on selected products and services