Head of Sales and Operations
Head of Sales and Operations. This hugely successful and leading travel brand is seeking to secure the services of a dynamic and experienced, commercially lead senior management professional to head their Sales and Operations. This role will be working closely with the Directors to ensure the Sales and Operations departments are operating at optimum potential. The role will require experience and capabilities to lead direct reports, performance manage and possess the ability to inspire, motivate and identifying development needs. The Head of Sales and Operations will be primarily concerned with the delivery of Sales and Operations performance continuously in line with the travel brand’s commercial and business goals, objectives and forecasts.
Head of Sales and Operations Responsibilities:
- Working in conjunction with Senior Management to shape the strategy and take the Sales and Operations departments to the next level
- Lead, inspire and motivate the sales and operational departments by shaping and reinforcing a strong vision and performance based culture
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by seeking ideas, challenging the status quo, identifying best practice and auditing and reviewing departmental processes, actively work with line managers/direct reports to; ensure sales and operations teams are self-motivated, coached and developed to a high spec, establish goals both for the teams and for individual employees, and conduct regular performance reviews to monitor improvement
- Coach, develop and mentor the Sales and Operations line managers/direct reports and teams to be a strong, cohesive and high performing units
- Identify and grow future talent in line with the succession planning and talent review processes
- Target setting, improve call-flow management and interval control, drive and encourage individuals/teams, through call and utilisation times using measurement, targets, reward and recognition, feedback and communication, and develop competencies and skill sets to a high level
- Ensure a pre agreed percentage of the teams’ calls are audited on a weekly basis to maintain Quality levels and develop performance improvement measures
- Plan and anticipate appropriate staffing levels in advance, in order to maintain KPIs and SLAs. Monitor staff scheduling over periods of absence and annual leave; work with HR to interview and hire new recruits as required, be responsible for the day to day management of your teams and identifying and addressing any training requirements
- Travel industry management professional who must have transformed and grown within a multi-million pound Tour Operator/OTA in sales and operation and are now looking for your next big challenge
- Possess a solid understanding of sales and operation KPIs, and demonstrate strategic capability and the desire to test new ways of working
- Have a proven track record of delivering to KPI targets and of implementing change with a resilient manner in a fast transforming call centre environment
- Have the experience and capabilities to lead direct reports, performance manage and possess the ability to inspire, motivate and identifying development needs
- Must also be able to demonstrate a hands-on approach, with a proven ability to head and drive both sales and customer service departments forward
The base salary is up £70,000 per annum, DOE, including performance related bonus and benefits
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.